A little flex time
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. In 2020 we raised a $7.5 million Series A plus a $1.5 million grant from Oculus. This has enabled us to scale, be on track to hit 1M downloads by the end of 2021 and change even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
What you’ll do 👀
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses about the product and business through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business.
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions.
- Define how teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics.
- Collaborate with engineering to build and improve on the reliability, validity and value of our data.
You should apply if ✅
- You have strong SQL skills and experience with cloud analytics databases such as Redshift, BigQuery or Synapse.
- You have experience partnering with Product, Engineering and Design teams in order to influence investment decisions, set goals, inform the product roadmap, collect the right data, and measure success.
- You are comfortable having conversations around qualitative as well as quantitative insights, you value a close partnership with the product team, and you want to influence product decisions from the start.
- You’re an expert at identifying growth levers, and helping teams prioritize for impact.
- You have a solid understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods to measure them.
- You are able to distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story.
- As a plus, you have experience with scripting language and DevOps methods, especially if you’ve used modern data languages such as R, Python or Julia.
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen
- Hiring Manager + team interviews
- Founder / Exec Interview
Some roles will have a take home task after the initial screen.
You can read more about interviewing with us (including tips) here. Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave