Paddle are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their team.
What do we do?
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
Reporting into the Data Engineering Team Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery of technical solutions to implement Paddle’s data systems. You will collaborate with the wider engineering team and support analysts decentralized across the organization.
What you'll do:
- Leverage your experience and skills to establish the best architecture.
- Work closely with decentralized analysts (Commercial, Finance, etc.) to identify requirements and develop the necessary data solutions to deliver against those requirements.
- Build, maintain and run efficient data pipelines.
- Apply data transformation logic including advanced aggregations and data wrangling techniques.
- Practise DevOps, you’re responsible for getting your code to production and maintaining it.
- Explore and use the right tools for the job, backing your choices constructively.
- Help design a stable platform to support phenomenal growth.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You are a skilled Data or Software Engineer with significant proven experience working in a fast paced growing company and with a passion for Data.
- Solid development background with Python.
- Good experience working with IaC tools (we use Terraform).
- You champion designing and building systems to handle high traffic at scale in a cloud-based environment in AWS. Experience with Jenkins, Kibana, Grafana & Prometheus highly desirable.
- Good understanding of data modelling. Experience with Redshift and/or Snowflake is a plus.
- Experience with batch processing frameworks, preferably familiarity with DBT, Apache Airflow, or similar a plus.
- Experience with Fivetran, Matillion, Stitch, or similar (we use Fivetran) a plus.
- Experience with message brokers and stream processing technologies e.g. Kinesis
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Sisense or similar
- Strong attention to detail to highlight and address data quality issues
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 150 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.