Senior Equity Fundraising Manager - Business Development
We are looking for a Senior Equity Fundraising Manager to join the Commercial team, focused on bringing the best of early-stage businesses to the Crowdcube platform. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has a keen interest in start-ups and business, a knack for developing lasting relationships, and eager to help us shape the world of start-up finance and have a real impact on entrepreneurs' lives. The role is based in our London office, which is currently in Spitalfields.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What we stand for:
We believe in a culture of curiosity. We love new thinking and big ideas that challenge the status quo. We recognise the power of people and know that we’re stronger together. We value the desire, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
We’re on the hunt for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Are you with us?
Day to day you will:
- Build and maintain relations with start-up founders and management teams in order to gain an understanding of their business and funding requirements.
- Qualify and educate new investment opportunities from our Inbound, outbound or partnerships channel.
- Consult start-ups on their upcoming rounds and help to negotiate the terms.
- Build a personal brand with the start-up environment with a particular focus on fundraising.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the business, including partnerships and marketing, to improve processes and provide feedback.
- Cultivate a thorough understanding of the alternative finance/start-up/funding industry and keep abreast of significant developments.
Ideally you will be:
- A self-starter who needs little guidance and takes ownership.
- Commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
- Confident in speaking with C level executives, business founders and management teams, with a natural flair for building relationships and negotiation.
- Hardworking and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast growth business.
- A curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside one’s comfort zone.
- Comfortable publicly representing Crowdcube externally via presentations, panel debates and meetings
- A passion for start-ups, entrepreneurship, and alternative finance.
- Previous consultative sales, business development and/or commercial partnership experience.
- Experience of working in a targeted environment.
- A natural relationship builder and negotiator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the London startup eco-system, ideally an existing network
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35K - £45K + up to 25% commission (DOE)
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team has worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.
- Remote status: Flexible Remote