Reporting to the Content Manager, we are looking for a talented people manager to be one of three Leads responsible for a large group of Product Writers, Sub-Editors and QC agents. You will need to motivate the team to meet their targets, ensure their writing follows the Farfetch Tone of Voice and work closely with the Content Manager to support any strategy led projects.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Content Manager, we are looking for an experienced people manager to be one of three Leads responsible for a large group of Product Writers, Sub-Editors and QC agents. You will need to motivate the team to meet their targets, ensure their writing follows the FARFETCH Tone of Voice and work closely with the Content Manager to support any strategy led projects. With a growing team, there will be a focus on operational excellence and a drive to constantly push the status quo which makes this role both challenging yet exciting.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will manage a large group of Product Description copywriters responsible for creating content for the PDP
- You will work with individuals to create personal development plans, support careers and progression within their role
- You will monitor and report team's goals, quality metrics and service level agreements, ensure they are in line with the team's targets
- You will work with the Senior Lead, Senior Specialist and Editor to establish how best to develop the team, create training plans for continuous improvement and promote strategic plans to support the Content Department, Content Manager and the wider business
- You will work with Production Planning teams to organise resources and manage schedules to meet our goals. Review team processes and suggest improvement initiatives
- You will write product descriptions in peak season to ensure the team reaches SLAs
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced copywriter or sub-editor with a passion for production or workflow management
- Experience in content and resource planning
- People and stakeholder management skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about luxury fashion with experience in e-commerce;
- A motivator who excels in a leading a team, encouraging of those around you, striving for everyone to express their opinions and ideas within a safe space
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.