FitXR are looking for an Engineering Manager - Services & Full Stack to join their team.
We believe in a future where you can exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality. To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
Engineering Managers at FitXR coach, lead and influence our engineers to create a high-performing and thriving environment.
Operating within the Services Chapter, you will oversee the development efforts of rock-solid and scalable APIs whilst being directly accountable for the delivery of our fullstack developments on internal content management applications.
Your mission is to ensure we build scalable back-end systems and provide solid delivery support for those working on internal applications that use some of these services.
Alongside the Technical Leaders for Services you will own the roadmap, ensuring high business alignment; working with the Technical Program Manager for long-term initiatives and balancing operational support for the other teams.
If you have the technical chops to go deep and have a breadth of fullstack knowledge, yet retain the ability to focus on higher-level business and product goals all whilst having a passion for growing engineering teams - this is the role for you.
We expect you to have a strong and balanced combination of technical and people-ops skills. Whilst the primary role is to manage employees, you should still have expert-level knowledge in programming fundamentals, architecture and delivery.
What you’ll experience
- Line management of multiple engineers operating within Services and Fullstack fields.
- Grow a diverse, highly-skilled group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace.
- Ability to contribute and constructively challenge decisions related to Architecture, Development and Operational processes, Product and Features.
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively
- Proficient with modern C#, .NET fundamentals, frameworks and practices.
- Understanding of CI/CD tools and frameworks
- Experience building and leading technical teams.
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management.
- Ability to accept and deliver feedback in a constructive manner.
- Proven project management skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Capable of writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation and operating procedures.
- Collaborative and supportive style to encourage your team to continually optimise their code.
- Experience working on projects using Agile methodologies like Scrum.
- Ability to inform and influence senior stakeholders on the right trade-offs when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules.
- Proven ability to solve problems, an interest in continuous learning and digging deep into the domain when necessary.
- Ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive great decision making.
- Comfortable in translating technical concepts into language for audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders.
- Technical understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Our principles of play
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open-Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
🧘♂️ 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30 BST)
💴 Competitive compensation with six-month reviews
💻 brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited annual leave policy
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do
🧘♂️ £1400 per annum wellness and learning budget