Work collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both here in London and across our other locations. Reporting to the BI Analytics Manager you'll shape the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a diverse team of Marketing professionals, spanning artistic and scientific expertise. We're driven to amaze our global community of customers through our data-driven approach, revolutionary spirit, test-and-learn culture and collaborative style.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Working with our Marketing, Product, Private Client and Customer Insight departments, the Reporting Solutions team is part of a vision to build autonomous and empowered central data function that moves fast to create impact on some of our most challenging and high visibility projects. To achieve this we are building a full stack of capabilities, from managing our own infrastructure, creating data pipelines, to rolling out custom data products, all with the goal of unlocking value across several projects. This is the ultimate role for an analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of data and loves the challenge of creating automated solutions for data collection, validation and analysis! Your opportunities to develop range from working directly with data engineers to grow technically and working with marketing and finance to grow commercially.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will have ownership of BI solutions for an department in Farfetch
- You'll design excellent data products and reporting, working with the department leads to build our reporting infrastructure in Looker and BigQuery.
- You'll create visualisations to help your stakeholders make informed decisions
- You'll ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and metrics, managing the reporting for a growth area of the business
- Gain in-depth understanding of the commercial goals of the Marketing organising and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and tools.
- Build a business case for new data sources/tools if necessary
- You'll support analysts in how to refactor their SQL code for faster processing and to ensure that their dashboards are updated
WHO YOU ARE
- You are advanced in SQL
- You have a high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- You are an expert in manipulating large datasets in a professional environment
- You have experience working with commercial and technical team members
- You enjoy creating visualisations and dashboards that provide insights
- You are commercial with the ability to translate requirements to implement technically
- You have a product oriented mindset with an important focus on best practices and scalability
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience rolling out new projects in Looker with LookML
- Familiarity with structuring and writing scalable ETLs utilising tools such as DBT and Airflow
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line and Git
- You have a working knowledge of Python
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.