We’re looking for a proactive and creative marketer with excellent copywriting skills to join our Marketing team. This role can be based in either our Exeter or London office.
Reporting directly to our Head of Marketing & Communications, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Crowdcube team as Marketing Executive. This is a newly created role within the marketing team that will see the successful candidate involved in all areas of marketing.
A key focus of this role will be supporting the diverse range of businesses that raise finance on Crowdcube, from startups raising investment to get their idea off the ground to more established businesses seeking growth finance. Utilising all marketing channels, mainly social media and email marketing, you’ll work closely with our Senior Marketing Campaign Coordinator and our Equity Campaigns Team to execute marketing activity to showcase the businesses raising with Crowdcube.
We’re looking for a proactive and creative marketer with excellent copywriting skills and a drive to learn and help continually improve our marketing activity.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
- Working with other members of the marketing team to provide hands-on support to execute marketing activity across all disciplines, particularly email, social media and content marketing
- Creating and scheduling social media content, including the creation of visual and rich media assets
- Drafting, proofing and publishing website content
- Creating visual assets to support marketing activity
- Conducting research to support marketing activity
- Supporting with asset creation on an ad-hoc basis to support our sales team
- Working with our design team to execute design briefs to support marketing activity
- Executing ad-hoc marketing activity to support other teams across the business including the partnerships and portfolio teams
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in working in a commercially focused marketing team
- A proven track record in producing written content
- Experience in using an email marketing platform, social media scheduling and content management system would be advantageous but not essential as training will be provided
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A natural drive to innovate and improve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good communication and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
And you are:
- Highly organised and methodical, with an eye for detail
- Able to prioritise workload
- Happy to work autonomously and be strong team player
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £20-£30k DOE & location
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.
- Remote status: Flexible remote