Reporting directly to our Head of Marketing & Communications, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Crowdcube team as Commercial Marketing Manager. You’ll be responsible for managing and optimising marketing activity to maximise conversion rates and, ultimately, funds raised for the businesses on Crowdcube.
Prioritising and managing marketing for a diverse range of businesses, from startups to more established businesses, this role plays an integral part in the customer experience and Crowdcube revenue generation.
Focused on evolving our marketing offering and enhancing our value proposition, you'll explore, test, and optimise ways to maximise the investment businesses raise with Crowdcube across all marketing channels, particularly email marketing, and establishing partnership opportunities. In this hands-on role, the successful candidate will also work directly with companies in a consultative capacity to provide advice on marketing to support a successful crowdfunding campaign.
Supported by the wider marketing team and with one direct report, the successful candidate will work closely with our VP of Commercial and Equity Campaigns Team.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for managing, prioritising and optimising marketing activity to support businesses’ campaigns with Crowdcube
- Initiating strategies to increase funds raised and maximise revenue
- Exploring new partnership opportunities and ways to enhance our value proposition for fundraising businesses
- Providing consultative marketing support to businesses
- Approving and/or creating marketing content
Ideally you will:
- Have experience working in a commercially focused marketing team
- Demonstrate experience in Campaign Management, forming and executing multiple marketing campaigns simultaneously
- Have experience building and maintaining relationships and understanding customer needs
- Have experience in a client-facing role, such as account management, would be beneficial but not essential
And you will:
- Have excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Be collaborative with a flexible approach
- Have empathy and understanding of the challenges our customers (entrepreneurs of startups and scaleups) face
- Be data-driven with a drive to innovate and improve
- Be highly organised and methodical, with an eye for detail
And you will need to be/have:
- Start-up DNA: be resilient, gets things done, 80/20, are comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to change, used to working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and know when to fight for the right thing and when to say no.
- Communicator: Articulate, Persuasive, Good listener, Empathetic
- Questioning: Curious, Open-minded, Comfortable expressing their opinions, Healthy disrespect for the status quo, Assertive
- Analytical: Logical, Data-driven, Well informed
- Practical: Detail orientated, Pragmatic, Organised, Good under pressure
- Energetic: Outgoing, Passionate, Joyful, Positive, Optimistic, Biased to action
- Negotiation and Sales ability: Persuasive, Empathetic, Focused, Target driven
- Creative: Insightful, Innovative, Problem Solver
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35-50K DOE and location
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.
- Remote status: Flexible Remote