The Interview Process
Our aim is to get to know how you’d fit into our team. First we’ll have a short call with you to discuss your career to date and your motivations for the role. Then we’ll give you a task that is relevant to the work you would be doing at Prolific (2 hour interview). We understand that your time is valuable so you will be reimbursed with a £50 Amazon voucher, regardless of whether or not you proceed to the final round. The final stage will be an interview with the our Senior Operations Manager, where we will dig deeper into your values and experience.
At a glance
Us: Profitable and funded startup of ~60 people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). 3x yearly growth, all driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: Ambitious Operations/Project Analyst with a passion for data and innovating internal operations processes.
£35-45k depending on skills and experience.
You will be part of the wider People Operations team and work closely with People, Finance, and other teams here at Prolific to ensure the company is running smoothly and efficiently. You will also be interacting with others at Prolific to better understand their needs and make ongoing improvements and changes. As our business and company are growing fast, the Operations team works with other areas of the business to create scalable solutions and processes to make sure they can be as effective as possible!
As an Operations Analyst, you will collaborate with different teams within the company to identify, review and solve problems. This role comes with great autonomy allowing you to identify problems, carry out analysis, design solutions and execute them.
Most roles in start-ups involve a range of different responsibilities. Things move fast so you can expect new, unanticipated, projects to come your way and exposure to lots of different aspects of the business! This is especially true of Operations at Prolific. However, your core responsibilities are sure to include...
- Combining a sense of urgency with a thoughtful systematic approach, executing systems and processes that deliver robust, repeatable and scalable outcomes.
- Working closely with a variety of teams to help support and grow the Operations function at Prolific.
- Own, manage and lead on initiatives within the Operations function to help us scale and grow.
- We're growing rapidly and expect to be 100 people by next year. You'll be responsible for implementing and improving processes across the company, making sure that nothing gets in the way of people being able to do their jobs as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Creating, maintaining and improving internal operational processes that are essential in supporting the company’s day-to-day running.
- Project management – ability to own and deliver a project, sometimes multiple at once, that enable teams and the company to be more productive as we scale, such as how can we automate onboarding, how can we streamline our supplier process or how can we manage our documents.
- Gather and analyse data to develop solutions and implement changes.
You should apply if:
- 2+ years experience in a Project or Ops role, ideally in a startup.
- Analytically minded, ideally with Excel skills and a passion for data.
- You are curious with a growth mindset and are excited by the opportunity to learn and grow in this fast-paced environment.
- Anticipation and pro-activity are key elements in this role, and being able to multitask is really important.
- You have very strong attention to detail, you have the ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks.
- You are process-driven and solution-orientated, able to juggle demanding workloads in a fast-paced startup environment that works to ambitious KPIs.
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You are a fast learner and can pick up context and new information quickly.
- You are able to prioritise, and balance multiple competing responsibilities at once.
- You are ambitious and excited by the prospect of working with super smart and hardworking teammates in a profitable startup.
Nice to have:
- Passion for improving operational inefficiencies and finding the best systems, tools and resources to ensure we're working together effectively.
- You have humility, rigour, optimism, and a desire to learn and grow fast!
- You are mission-driven and care about how research can change the world.
- You have evidence of working on multiple projects at once.