SilverRail Technologies are looking for a Junior Product Owner to join their team.
*Please note this role is a hybrid remote working role. We are ideally looking for someone who is commutable to our London office 1-2 times per month*
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. It’s faster, cheaper, greener, and more convenient than air. With the current climate crisis, it is ever important to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is there’s nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience.
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering the digital infrastructure that opens rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
We are looking for a Junior Product Owner to join our cross-functional Agile team. As a key member of the SilverRail Product and Technology team, you'll help define SilverAgent - our B2B sales & service solution that provides a consistent UX across all markets for global rail distribution. SilverAgent supports the full booking lifecycle including shopping, booking, payments & refunds, cancellations & modifications. Each new partner presents different challenges, so you'll need to understand both the business and technical side of rail distribution in order to effectively plan and scope the necessary UX changes. In this position, there is an opportunity to work on additional products as SilverRail evolves its UI product offerings.
This position will be the hands-on interface between product and the scrum team (engineering). You will be responsible for championing the change, providing the detailed direction and planning, and representing the technical and functional needs of the customer within the scrum. The role is a critical hands-on delivery role requiring strong organisation and coordination skills, great communication, strong technical aptitude and a passion for owning a solution space.
Our offices (and your teammates!) are based in Boston, London, Brisbane and Stockholm. The position can be fully remote based in the UK or also a hybrid remote role with the possibility to work from our beautiful central London office.
- As part of the Product team, work closely with Product Management and the Engineering team to understand the need, opportunity, drivers and objectives behind technical and architectural product change
- Work with development and quality assurance teams throughout the development process to ensure the successful implementation of the product objectives with clear and workable plans for the scrum teams which includes:
- Breaking down Epics into Tasks
- Supporting design decisions
- Being the customer voice within the scrum (and actively engaging the customer directly when needed), and
- Validating that scrum deliverables achieve required outcomes
- Create comprehensive product documents such as requirements documents, functional specifications, use cases, process flows and sequence diagrams
- Participate in the definition and prioritisation of software releases and overall product architecture
- Management of the product and task backlog (Jira) – helping guide great prioritisation decisions and organising work for scrum teams that achieves effective, efficient and timely outcomes
- Critically interrogating and analysing existing software design decisions and constantly striving for better. The Product Owner has the skills and care to keep engineering attentive and diligent in their design and delivery decision
- Work within established Agile development methodologies and contribute to their ongoing evolution
- Responsible for and working closely with the Engineering team to create UI designs
- Work with customer service and commercial teams to help diagnose & triage customer-reported issues
- Preferably at least 2+ years experience in software development and/or software architecture in a product oriented company as a developer, tester or architect
- Ideally 1 years experience in cloud deployment and automation technologies
- Experience writing useable, effective technical product requirements for UX-driven applications build in an agile development environment
- Ability to serve as a liaison between development team and internal and external business teams
- Familiarity with travel related websites and other e-commerce websites is a plus
- Familiarity with payment processing concepts is a plus
- An energy toward delivering strong, deployable, scalable and efficient code
- Passionate about delivering a world class customer experience!
- Displays a cooperative spirit and works and contributes effectively within a team
- Respects different skill sets, ideas and contributions from others
- Communicates clearly and effectively within immediate team, as well as wider team
- Promotes a positive work environment
- Maintains focus on efficiency and high productivity, addressing any conflicts and obstacles that may impact completion
- Takes responsibility and is self-accountable for product quality
- Communicates precisely and clearly, lacking ambiguity
- Displays willingness to take on challenges, and flexibility towards shifting priorities
- Establishes healthy relationships based on mutual respect
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- Self-aware and an active learner
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put our culture at the centre of everything we do.
- We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We support flexible working and the view that we bring together great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for excellence.
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to grow.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
- A hybrid, flexible working model with a beautiful central London office, and the possibility to work from home on the other days
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities.
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration in a DevOps Culture.
- Our teams health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading meditation app
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly novel approaches.
Come and join our team … we are Stronger Together!
*Unfortunately at this time we are unable to offer sponsorship on this role