Browns Fashion is looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to join our Womens Non-apparel department, reporting into the Merchandiser.
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We're a data driven Merchandising team supporting Browns to maximise commercial opportunities through effective management of Browns inventory, driving sales through improved availability, forecasting and maximizing profits. We do this by supporting all channels across our stores, brownsfashion.com and Farfetch. Our team encompass Merchandising, Strategic Pricing and Digital Production.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Assistant Merchandiser provides operational and strategic support to the Merchandiser, and working alongside the buying team will review and react to performance using key trade levers in order to help achieve the department targets.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will analyse trade performance to identifying best and worst sellers, and taking action in order to maximise sales opportunities.
- You will monitor intake into the business, supporting the MAA to identify opportunities or risk and take relevant action.
- You will support the Merchandiser and Buy team curing seasonal strategy planning, reviewing lessons learnt for your Dept and presenting to senior management.
- You will oversee store rotations and management of stock movement to ensure our stores amaze customers, working closely retail, VM, operations and buying.
- You will coach and develop your direct report as well as inspiring your wider merchandising team.
- You will support the merchandiser during end of season markdown, working closely with the MAA to collate feedback from brands to inform our MD strategy.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a supportive people manager and role model, able to develop and coach a direct report.
- You are a strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence.
- You are commercially minded and able to identify opportunities and risks across the business.
- You are a great problem solver who can combine analytical capabilities and creative thinking to generate practical insights and solutions.
- Able to encourage those around you, striving for everyone to express their opinions and ideas within a safe space.