If your experience doesn't tick all the boxes but you are passionate about joining us, you should definitely apply! We look for people who share our values and can add to our open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
At Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Our co-founders Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers from both Academia and industry with instant, high-quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, our bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioral research.
We were in Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we've been growing 3x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we default alive, and we have very ambitious plans.
The Interview Process
Initial Interview - You'll have a 30 - 45 minute interview with two members of the team where you'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role, and we'll ask you questions about your experiences and goals.
Assignment - There will be a 2 hour assignment that evaluates skills required for the role. You'll be compensated with a £50 voucher for completing the task because we know your time is valuable!
Final Interview - The final stage is a 1.5 - 2 hour interview where we'll deep dive into your past experiences, goals, motivations, and skills. You'll speak with two to three members of the team and - as always - have an opportunity to ask questions about the role and company.
At A Glance
Us: Default alive startup of 60+ people. Remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni. Creating a web-based platform for behavioural research. 3x yearly growth, all driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: A commercially-driven data analyst with a passion for experimentation, growth and understanding customer thinking.
Location: Remote within the UK (and Europe)
The tools: SQL, Python, DBT, Metabase
£40-70k depending on skills and experience.
As a complex marketplace platform with a strong focus on data, we know we are sitting on a trove of information that can take our product, and world-class research, to the next level. We are looking for a mid-level Data Analyst who will help us utilise our data to give us the important insights we need to make crucial business decisions.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with large data sets, and able to use statistics know-how to identify and interpret important patterns in our data. You should have strong experience with SQL and be comfortable with Python. You will have good knowledge of product-driven event and data analytics, and familiarity with using BI tools to communicate your findings.
You will be embedded in the Growth Squad, working as part of a cross functional team of developers and designers alongside a product manager. The Growth Squad's goal is to understand and drive growth at Prolific: building awareness of our brand, encouraging customer acquisition, and leveraging referrals to grow the business. You'll also work with our small but excellent team of data analysts, scientists and engineers, where we hope you'll also be a mentor to your team members: boosting the standard of analytics across the team.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyse how user behaviour drives platform growth, and make recommendations on how to allocate resources to improve this growth.
- Build predictive models to estimate customer lifetime value from early data points, or identify users who might churn.
- Implement marketing attribution models so we can understand what website content drives conversion.
- Conduct AB tests to causally identify product changes which might supercharge growth.
This will likely involve some or all of the following:
- Analyse key growth metrics, retention, stickiness, churn over time etc. and determine causal links between product changes and growth. You will work closely with management and use these data to influence key decisions and help our startup grow quickly.
- Use BI platforms, such as Metabase, to create visualisations, segment our user base, and develop dashboards to track key growth, data quality, and demographic metrics over time.
- Develop a clear understanding of our users and intersect this qualitative data with quantitative data and develop a plan of key questions to answer with data.
- Tell a story with data, writing reports that accurately describe what you've done and that summarise any insights you’ve gained and your confidence in your findings.
- Experience writing high-quality analytic SQL, and be confident with Python.
- Understanding of statistical practices and common analytical techniques.
- Experience of product analytics, such as A/B tests, retention and churn metrics.
- Great verbal and written communication skills, as evidenced by presentations and written reports.
Nice to have:
- Experience building production dashboards in a common BI platform (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc).
- Knowledge of advanced techniques such as machine learning, or multilevel modelling.
- Understanding of marketplace dynamics, behavioural research or or business intelligence.
- Familiarity with qualitative research techniques