Our excellent Product team manages our customer's journey through our platforms. Developing our website, mobile app and back office systems, they help create the iconic 'Farfetch' look and feel, and champion our customers by designing impactful products and loveable experiences that satisfy their wants & needs.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Farfetch has chosen BI tool of choice is Looker. Product Analytics focuses on Farfetch's most widely used but also our most complex data set - our onsite tracking data. We're rebuilding this data from source to end-user. As part of this project, we've completely redesigned our analytical ETL, data models and dashboards - and we've now got a list of further data models and dashboard developments to maximise the value we create from our data. Reporting to the Analytics Manager your role will be to manage, develop, ensure performance and data quality and maximise usage and value derived from these data models and dashboards. You will be part of the Product Analytics & Insights team - who are already Looker developers and are partnered with clusters across Product. This means you'll have lots of help and support, in a fun working environment, with plenty of high profile exposure and development opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will develop our analytical ETL in Big Query to provide a single version of the truth, and efficient access to business-useful data
- You will provide guidance on best practise to improve query performance
- You will form a good relationship with the Data Engineering team ensuring our data runs on time and accurately, has a great roadmap, and infrastructure is optimal for business use of Looker
- You will run governance around naming conventions, approach and process, and generally making Product Looker a scalable, insightful and efficient solution
- You will run agile planning and value-based prioritisation of our backlog and roadmap
- You will develop and own our published dashboards, ensuring users can easily self serve and then drill down from a single version of the truth
- You will provide 1st line support to the Product company if something is broken, and run fortnightly best practice sessions with super users, other BI Developers and Analysts to drive actionable insight, and identify tips and best practice we can share and all develop together
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience developing data models and dashboards in several BI tools eg: Looker, Tableau, Qlikview, Business Objects, PowerBI,
- A graduate of a Bachelor of Science programme or a higher level post-secondary educational programme in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Operation Research, or quantitative disciplines (desired);
- Expert in using SQL and BI tools to provide insight on large and complex datasets (mandatory), including;
- Expert in how to write performant code on large datasets in BigQuery;
- Expert in defining checks and setting alerts to ensure data is delivered on time
- An excellent strategic thinker with analytical skills, ideally developed in a commercial role;
- Change direction quickly to respond to changing circumstances;
- Break work down to provide an agile fashion towards these holistic solutions, delivering value and iterating quickly;
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.