The Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team at Farfetch is seeking an Interim Senior Legal Counsel (Maternity Cover) reporting to the Head of Legal (Commercial).
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We're based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team at Farfetch is looking for an Interim Senior Legal Counsel (Maternity Cover) reporting to the Head of Legal (Commercial). You will enjoy an extremely broad role, delivering high-quality legal advice and services across multiple operational territories together with our wider international Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team sitting in Porto, Moscow, Dubai, New York, Milan and Shanghai. Being a true business partner, you be hands-on and commercially minded, with a professional ethic and the energy, interest and training to pursue a broad array of non-contentious commercial matters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Being main contact person for several our key teams including our e-concessions and boutiques teams and logistics and delivery team working with the business to deliver on material partner relationships.
- Collaborate with members of the business to prepare and roll out commercial contract templates, when relevant.
- Support multiple Farfetch business divisions with general commercial contract reviews.
- Instruct external counsel on matters such as real estate and banking contracts.
- Work with Farfetch business teams to help them understand complex legal matters and assess risk.
- Take ownership of material business projects where required and working with the Head of Legal (Commercial) to achieve strategic commercial goals.
- Manage Legal Counsel (Commercial), including assisting with their development and learning.
WHO YOU ARE
- Be a qualified lawyer with 3+ years' PQE and commercial experience.
- Have excellent training; prior in-house experience would be highly beneficial.
- Proven ability to deliver commercial pragmatic solutions and concise advice.
- You have proven negotiating and drafting skills.
- Be passionate about consumer-led businesses
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.