INSHUR are looking for a Lead Devops Engineer to join their team.
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer here at INSHUR, working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including the UK, USA and new European countries and US territories as we expand.
You'll be joining an ever expanding team of 30+ friendly and talented engineers who are empowered to design and implement solutions that help us deliver quality products, improve operations and increase performance and efficiency. We love to hear from people who can challenge the status quo, suggest new and novel ways of tackling issues and push technology forward.
What you'll do
As a Lead Devops Engineer you will provide technical leadership within the Devops team and support the underlying INSHUR platform. The Devops team is responsible for the overarching framework which underpins our software development teams, with a collective goal to deliver high quality INSHUR products to our customers.
The below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role. However, our hiring process is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed above.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Subscribe to Infrastructure as Code principles and have experience withTerraform
- Can write Python and enjoy building bespoke tooling
- Know your way around a cloud platform whether it’s AWS, or GCP
- Are familiar with service oriented/microservice based architecture.
- Are confident with logging, metrics, and monitoring systems, and understand the importance of insight and visibility into application behavior and performance
- Understand the value of security without compromising on usability.
- Understand that DevOps isn’t a role, but more a cross-team ethos
- Are passionate about technology and super keen on finding best way to solve complex problems
Your colleagues say you are:
- Pragmatic and known to be able to prioritise tasks well
- A collaborative team player
- Always supportive and helpful
Things we’ve been working on recently (and you’ll likely be working on too):
- Managing Kubernetes at scale
- IAC best practices with Terraform
- CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Application and cloud security
- Managing an International platform
- Python tooling and services
- Monitoring and visibility
- Performance testing
- Building deployment tooling to support cross-functional projects
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive. Our working environment is a hybrid of remote and office-based operation and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
When agreeing the salary and the Lead role, we will take into account your previous experience and expertise. We also offer all our employees stock options. Our benefits package invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing and includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we offer everyone a choice of laptop, monitor, top of the range kit and any software you need.
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether that involves participating in conferences, or upskilling with a training course such as SecOps.
We are based in beautiful Brighton - sea, chips and seagulls included, although we are currently working 100% remotely. Post-pandemic we will likely be transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel to the office at least once a month.
We are a global team of just under a hundred people currently based in the UK, USA and the Netherlands, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The delivery of great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
As a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape, we work closely with globally recognised partners and are on a mission to change the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
Our product allows ride-share and delivery drivers to get from quote to full policy and driving and delivering goods in the shortest possible time, by simply clicking a few buttons. Our products are currently live in the UK, US and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines in 2021.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office, when open, is child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview.