FitXR are looking for a Product Manager to join their team.
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
As the Product Manager you will be responsible for managing development and driving engagement for FitXR’s class mechanics and related features. You will keep a close eye on the consumer experience and use your extensive knowledge of similar products and habit loops to make our experiences as 'sticky' as possible. You will represent the business and product vision in your strategy and communicate this effectively to your product team members. You will generate ideas, design and document systems, and analyse data to make sure our users get the most from their sessions.
Communication is another key part of the role ensuring that all relevant team members are kept up to date with the latest iteration of the product vision. You should be comfortable with both receiving and giving constructive feedback as a means to making our apps the best they can be.
- You will be the voice of our customer, by leading development and growth of our Key studios (Box, HiiT, Dance) as the go-to contact for daily product and business needs
- Define launch and optimise post launch features and content
- Work closely with Product Development team, production and cross-functional teams to help define, launch and optimize post launch features, in-game events and content roadmap
- Act as the Product Owner of your Scrum team
- Translate product strategy to actionable work items for the team
- Sets and track OKRs for your Team
- Engage all stakeholders and leadership to define and champion product strategy
- Performance Management – support senior management by tracking and reporting key performance indicators that drive life cycle performance
- Partner closely with the Performance Marketing cross-functional team to drive user acquisition and title growth and retention
- Partner with cross functional team and drive best in class Go To Market plans, product marketing strategies, and campaign execution
What you’ll experience
- Facilitate discussions to understand the health of the product and take actions to maintain growth (retention, engagement, monetization and virality)
- Analyse data to determine type of content to be delivered in the next weeks and months
- Manage impact of your releases and report on outcome.
- Relevant experience in service based product management roles
- VR or Native mobile app experience would be advantageous, in particular games or entertainment products would be highly beneficial
- Experience working on an app store product that offers subscription or in-app purchases is highly desirable
- Strong consumer focused product experience, ideally at a high-growth startup
- Strong communicator, can see where communication gaps exists and you can fix them immediately
- Cross functional team management experience
- Have strong experience of scrum framework and agile methodologies
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of product development in video games industry
- Experience with defining KPI dashboards and product relevant metrics. We currently use: Amplitude, Quicksight and various analytics tools, and business intelligence tools
- Understanding of A/B testing concepts and terminology
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis and the ability to work across multiple teams
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a history of supporting data informed decisions
- Successful track record working closely with AAA brands to deliver world-class products and experiences to players, knowledge of live services feature design and how it impacts product strategy and player engagement preferred
- Strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to solve problems and drive results with cross-functional teams
- Strong passion for fitness and gaming
What you’ll be measured on
- Efficient management of product teams performance
- Performance of our KPIs including our North Star Metric, Retention and Churn
- Ability to prioritise the right thing at the right time. This should be reflected in the KPIs
Our principles of play (aka Values)
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open-Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
💴 Six-monthly pay reviews
💻 Brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do