Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re looking for an experienced and tenacious Insurance Development Manager interested in a high-impact role at a successful prop-tech startup to achieve this.
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 800 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 180 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re looking for an experienced and tenacious Insurance Development Manager interested in a high-impact role at a successful prop-tech startup to achieve this.This role is home based but you will need to travel to our London HQ on average once a month (travel paid) for team meetings and relationship building with other Goodlordians! When safe to do so, of course.
Goodlord is a market leading software platform which streamlines the property lettings process for agents, landlords and tenants. The business’s Insurance division is a key driver of revenue growth, and we’re looking for somebody to help propel this growth even further. This means that this individual MUST have experience selling to letting agents or selling insurance products in a consultative manner.
This key role will support the Head of Insurance to consult, promote and monitor Insurance product conversion by our letting agent clients. You will ideally have a good understanding of the lettings cycle to help support our lettings agents maximise their growth through our product range.
Competitive base salary plus commission - OTE £50k
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!).
But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Analysing current customers product use and looking for opportunities to support improvements in their overall proposition
- Following an FCA-compliant sales process
- Promoting the value of our products to new customers and working with the Head of Insurance to onboard and train new Key clients
- Tracking and reporting on weekly progress
- Working with the wider Insurance sales team and our Success team to identify further opportunities and flag any risks
- Working in a healthy performance and process-driven environment. Your success will be measured against your sales performance, your customers’ satisfaction ratings and your ability to adhere to a rigorously-regulated process
- Work alongside the Head of Insurance to deliver round table meetings with groups of customers to help promote all areas of the business and consult on best industry practice
You should apply if:
- You would like the ability to work remotely, and the flexibility that brings
- You have proven success in Insurance Sales - telephone B2B up-sell and cross sell and can establish rapport and trust with people quickly and effectively over the phone and face-to-face
- You have commercial experience in the lettings industry
- You have excellent spoken and written English, with outstanding communication skills
- You're target-driven and motivated by building great business relationships
- You have a positive and resilient attitude, and can maintain it even under pressure
- You’re able to work autonomously and you're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong IT literacy: you will be expected to produce various reports and presentations
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- You’re energetic, creative, curious and confident
- You get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- what we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
And it would be super great if:
- you know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately, Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
We reserve the right to close this role if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **