Goodlord are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team. This role can be performed in their London HQ OR Remote/Home based (in the UK) with occasional travel to the office, or a combination of the two.
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a DevOps Engineer to help us achieve this.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Tech Lead, joining a Product and Engineering team of 24 (and counting....!) your role will be to work with multiple teams to ensure that we keep our software running reliably, while also releasing new features regularly and smoothly as we grow. We want to minimise manual steps and ensure that the team can fully focus on solving problems and testing hypotheses.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord. Every day is different and your priorities will be constantly changing. We're looking for someone who's happy to pitch in in a fast-paced environment (with support provided, of course!) and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll work closely with the Infrastructure Tech Lead and wider Engineering team to:
- Automate CI/CD processes to minimise the time and steps between commit and deploy
- Introduce monitoring solutions to ensure that we maintain situational awareness and can respond to potential or live issues promptly
- Build tools to help the wider team complete their tasks independently, faster and more consistently
- Scale our infrastructure to ensure high reliability, uptime and performance under increasing load
- Secure our systems from common threats as well as inadvertent breaches
Location - London HQ OR Remote/Home based (in the UK) with occasional travel to the office or a combination of the two!
Apply now if you have:
- Commercial experience using AWS
- Commercial experience setting up CI/CD pipelines with CircleCI, Github Actions or similar.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong scripting experience (Python or similar)
- Comfortable with SQL
- Good working knowledge of Docker and Docker commands
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform - non commercial is fine, in fact perhaps you are just really keen to get your hands on it?! That's fine too!
And it would be awesome if:
- You understand what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be…
Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- £1000 to learn: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord, but it there’s something specific, you’ll have £1000 a year to spend on what’s important to you
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Quarterly team socials; a fun activity that everyone can take part in (if they want to!)
- Four legged Goodlordians: we have a few resident pooches at Goodlord HQ who are always up for a walk / play if you need a break from your day
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 800 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 180 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
We reserve the right to close this role if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **