Currencycloud are looking for an experienced, motivated and talented QA Engineer to help them build the technology that will power the future of payments.
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. They know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why they are looking for exceptional talent to join their international payments revolution. Their industry leading Payments API is currently processing billions of dollars every year, but they want to do more...join the team to help them make this happen!
From our monolithic datacenter beginnings we’ve moved wholesale to AWS where our system runs as a set of distributed applications. We’re currently in the process of migrating those applications over to Kubernetes and Jenkins-X as we further embrace a microservices architecture.
About the role:
The QA Automation Engineer role is an ambassador of quality. You should strive to ensure that we are maintaining a high level of quality across all our processes. You will consider and suggest improvements within the development process. You will also be responsible for the estimation, planning and execution of test cases, both automated and manual and you will ensure any defects in quality are logged appropriately and see them through to completion.
You’ll be joining one of our agile Product squads which consist of a Tech Lead, developers and fellow QAs, and will play a key role in ensuring the team delivers simple, scalable solutions for a wide range of problems. This process involves planning sessions with the engineering team and discussions around designing the solution. We are a team who are always looking for ways to improve our process, and your experience and curiosity will help us do that. Part of the role involves demoing new features and functionality to stakeholders.
Day to day activities
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as standup, backlog grooming etc.
- Working closely with developers and operations on testing new features and upgrades within the team product area
- Maintain existing and add to automation frameworks to improve regression test coverage
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A complete understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Flexibility in working around logistic and technical blockers
- The ability to work closely with non-technical and technical stakeholders in order to determine accurate acceptance criteria
You should have experience with:
- Diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues utilising ticketing systems and documentation software - e.g. JIRA and Confluence
- API testing and tools - e.g. Postman
- AWS deployments and deployment tools - e.g. Jenkins
- Containerization and management of - e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
We need someone with excellent:
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication
- Critical thinking, interpretive and analytic abilities
- Team working and workload management skills
- Soft skills e.g the ability to communicate improvements and challenges effectively, being able to say no when necessary, and a strong willingness to improve
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join a company that offers a fantastic environment and great benefits then get in touch!
At the moment we are transitioning from an office based working environment to a remote first company, so we have adapted our already great benefits package to reflect this.
We now offer a day off each month for your mental health on top of the 25 days annual leave allowance and a day off for your birthday. Our comprehensive health care includes mental health support service access and we have live streamed health based activities like Yoga and Barre classes each week! We also run fortnightly company updates hosted by our CEO to keep employees up to date on developments and also include an open forum for employees to ask questions.
Currencycloud is a global payments platform built on smart technology that takes the complexity out of moving money. Developers use our API building blocks to build customised payment solutions. Whether you want to embed our payments infrastructure into your products or services, or build on top of it, we’ll fit into your business in a way that works for you. We take care of all the intricacies and regulatory hurdles involved with cross-border payments, giving you the tools to globalise your business.
Our cloud-based platform removes that complexity from international transactions, giving you clarity and control over your business so you can focus on the things that matter: your customers. With enterprise-class solutions for clients and partners such as Visa and Starling Bank, Currencycloud understands your needs and can help with market-leading products.