Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy? INSHUR could be the place for you!
They are looking for a Scrum Master, working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including the UK, USA and new European countries and US territories as they expand. Reporting to the Head of Delivery, Engineering, you'll be joining a friendly team of around 30 people who believe in delivering great software on cloud architecture while looking for the best ways to refine and improve how they work.
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Scrum Master here at INSHUR, working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including the UK, USA and new European countries and US territories as we expand.
Supported by (and reporting to) the Head of Delivery, Engineering, you'll be joining a friendly team of around 30 people who believe in delivering great software on cloud architecture while looking for the best ways to refine and improve how we work.
What you'll do
As our Scrum Master you will be responsible initially for a couple of teams, making sure they have everything they need to deliver successfully. You’ll make sure the communication between teams is crystal clear, and as we grow to add more teams you’ll help us mature our agile processes. Finally, you’ll help the team self organise in order to get the best out of them and help us deliver the highest quality solutions to delight our customers.
The below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role. However, our hiring process is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed above.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have worked in a Scrum master capacity within software development teams, or have a rock solid appreciation of software delivery principles
- Absolutely love Agile and think it’s the best thing to happen to software delivery since the invention of the computer.
- Have seen Scrum and Agile implemented well, and implemented not-so-well, and you have taken these learnings to avoid the common pitfalls - you are pragmatic in your approach and understand well why running Scrum ‘by the book’ could cause issues
- Know how to run a brilliant retrospective that actually makes change happen
- Can diplomatically challenge people about over (or under!) committing in a sprint planning session - you know what is slowing the team down, and how to stop that happening
- Are comfortable coaching and mentoring wider teams in Agile processes and their role and responsibilities within it and have changed how the teams operate for the better
- Understand that sometimes things ‘just need to get done’, without breaking the process
- Know your way around Jira and Confluence
Your colleagues say you:
- Are very collaborative and known for your excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Are great at motivating a team
- Are incredibly proactive and a self-motivated quick learner
- Are a wizard organiser
Things we’ve been working on recently (and you’ll likely be working on too):
- Launching a new courier product.
- Multiple enhancements to our NY product.
- Starting build on a new data platform
- New department-wide development / R&D meeting
- Expanding the teams and improving how we work.
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive. Our working environment is a hybrid of remote and office-based operation and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
This is a mid-level role and our budget for it is £55,000-£65,000. We will take into account your previous experience and expertise when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options. Our benefits package invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing and includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit and any software you need.
Where possible, we will do our best to cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether it’s people development, cloud architecture, or data systems.
We are based in beautiful Brighton - sea, chips and seagulls included, although we are currently working 100% remotely. Post-pandemic we will likely be transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel to the office at least twice a month.
We are a global team of just under a hundred people currently based in the UK, USA and the Netherlands, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The delivery of great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
As a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape, we work closely with globally recognised partners and are on a mission to change the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
Our product allows ride-share and delivery drivers to get from quote to full policy and driving and delivering goods in the shortest possible time by simply clicking a few buttons. Our products are currently live in the UK, US and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines in 2021.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office, when open, is child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview.