All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us tell our story with data.
All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
As we become increasingly sophisticated in our financial reporting, planning and forecasting activities, we require accurate and timely data processing and reporting from the numerous local and global corners of our business.
Data sources range from transactional, operational, financial, foreign exchange, email, customer-browsing, marketing, promotional, stock, tax, customs and shipping.
By building a concrete foundation of data overlaid with reliable processes, we continue to improve upon our automated reporting, producing actionable insights that drive our overall strategy. This allows us to tailor financial and business activities to grow Farfetch into the future.
Whilst based in London, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Business Intelligence and Finance teams across the globe.
This is the ultimate role for the detail-orientated financially attuned Business Intelligence Data Specialist who enjoys autonomous project management while manipulating vast amounts of highly interconnected data.
Someone who thrives on the challenge of creating automated solutions for data collection, transfer, validation and insights analysis! Technical skills are essential while financial and business acumen an advantage though not a requirement.
What you'll do
- You will design and deliver best-in-class data products and processes that enable advanced analysis and reporting for Finance and the wider business. This will involve working day to day with the technical product owners, developers and analysts in BI, Platform, Marketing, Product, Infrastructure, Security, operations and Pricing teams
- You will raise the bar in how we conduct analysis and data ingestion as a team, primarily through optimisation and automation of reporting and the integration of new data systems
- You will gain in-depth understanding of commercial and operational objectives and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and processes to achieve this goal with accuracy and coherence
- You will ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and critical KPIs involving multiple sources being surfaced through various reporting tools
- You will take over official data reporting for Farfetch as a whole and see your work on the Wall Street Stock Exchange in addition to our investors websites quarterly reports
Who You Are
- Enjoy technical side of BI and is comfortable getting being hands on in the detail
- Advanced T-SQL coder (master level) with demonstrable experience pulling, pushing and cleansing data via SQL Server and BI data warehouses
- Google BigQuery, Git, Jira, Confluence, VBA and Google Suite are of significant advantage
- Detail-orientated with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and output checks
- Expert in manipulating large interconnected data sets in a professional environment with limited support, with the soft skills to search for knowledge owners
- Able to collaborate with both commercial and technical stakeholders
- Python or relatable software coding experience is preferred but not required
- Reporting tool experience such as Looker or Tableau is beneficial