Wr are looking for a Merchandiser to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract, to start asap!
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We're a data driven Merchandising team supporting Browns to maximise commercial opportunities through effective management of Browns inventory, driving sales through improved availability, forecasting and maximizing profits. We do this by supporting all channels across our stores, brownsfashion.com and Farfetch. Our team encompass Merchandising, Strategic Pricing and Digital Production.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking for a Merchandiser to join our Merchandising team on a 12 month fixed term contract. Embedded in our Merchandising Team we are looking for a Merchandiser who is truly strategic and commercially minded. The Merchandiser will be responsible for delivering revenue, intake and sell-through targets for the across all channels including our boutiques Brownsfashion.com and Farfetch.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will work closely with our buying team to build seasonal strategy and OTB budgets following Revenue targets and will proactively manage and trade OTB in season to maximise commercial opportunities and minimise risks.
- You will strategically manage intake and stock into the business to ensure we hit revenue and stock targets, which will include ensuring we are able to amaze customers with our store assortment and overseeing intake management.
- You will review department trade performance and utilise trading levers to drive revenue and hit targets.
- You will collaborate with other functions to increase revenue across all channels, including working with the Brownsfahion.com team to communicate trade product messages and Farfetch to optimise Browns on the platform.
- You will manage the end of season markdown process for your Department, working closely with other functions to drive revenue and effectively clear stock while maintaining maximum profitability.
- You will coach and develop your team of 3 direct reports as well as lead and inspire the wider womenswear merchandising team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an excellent people manager and role model, able to develop and coach your team to become future leaders.
- You are a strategic thinker who can implement, review and adapt a strategy that aligns with our business goals.
- You are a great problem solver who can combine analytical capabilities and creative thinking to generate practical insights and solutions.
- You are a strong communicator and able to influence at all levels and with different stakeholders.
- You are commercially minded and able to identify opportunities and risks across the business.
- You "think globally" and demonstrate the ability to drive results in a multi-channel environment.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.