If you are a IFRS technical expert and enjoy working in an international environment, this is an opportunity in a NYSE listed business that will constantly challenge the work routine as the company is on a growth journey.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Senior Group External Reporting Manager will report to the Head of Reporting. You will manage the Group's external reporting deadlines, including the drafting of the Group's financial and non-financial information, and the Group's annual and quarterly SEC filings. You will be a key contact for technical questions arising from the accounting teams of the Group and deliver relevant training throughout the year. You will need to excel under the pressures of project-based work, enjoying working in a global team and enjoy taking job ownership.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will plan and coordinate the external reporting team efforts to deliver the press releases, and quarterly and annual financial statements, and prepare the quarterly analyst and audit committee slides.
- You will lead the preparation of our technical accounting memorandums and deliver high-quality technical training for our people in the accounting teams.
- Outside of the quarter-end and year-end process, you will lead on various ad-hoc finance projects from new accounting standards, new contracts and M&A activity.
- You will oversee the external audit process by monitoring auditor's request and liaising with them on key topics.
- You will oversee the verification process of the earnings release, scripts and any other relevant verifiable materials.
- You will assist on any ad-hoc or transformation projects impacting external reporting.
- You may review the drafting of subsidiary statutory accounts
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a Chartered Accountancy qualification (or equivalent), 7 years+ PQE
- You have a high level of IFRS technical knowledge, especially in the field of M&A and consolidation.
- You have listed company group reporting experience either from practice or industry. (US listed advantageous)
- Experience working in technology or ecommerce preferable
- You have experience managing a team and in building relationships with executives, directors or VP level stakeholders.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.