We are recruiting a Head of External Financial Reporting to join our high performing finance team!
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Head of External Financial Reporting will lead the external reporting team, which is comprised of a number of qualified and motivated individuals. The External Reporting Team manages the accurate production of all of the Group's external reporting requirements, under IFRS and those applicable to a Foreign Private Issuer (FPI) listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Reporting includes the preparation of all quarterly and year-end results, technical accounting support for new and ongoing M&A transactions/deals, drafting analyst/investor presentations and supporting other Group teams with technical/ accounting advisory services. The Head of External Financial Reporting and team provide the group with the required level of technical accounting advice and expertise, in relation to the application of our accounting standards, and act as an essential point of liaison with external audit team on an ongoing basis. As an acquisitive Group, this team plays a crucial role within finance on our frequent M&A transactions/deals through performing IFRS reviews and technical accounting advice working with and engaging external advisors as needed. The Head of External Reporting is required to lead the team through this and provide the technical experience that the group require.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the preparation of the Group's IFRS consolidated financial statements, quarterly reports and the annual report
- Run the year-end financial reporting processes, including liaison and key contact with the external auditors; prepare the external audit and reporting timetable; deliver technical accounting papers; debate complex accounting treatments/judgements; provide supporting audit documentation and co-ordinating responses from local and central accounting teams
- Provide input on the annual and quarterly reporting cycles, preparing update papers to the Audit Committee, help the Investor Relations team prepare investor communications including Quarterly Earnings and Annual 20-F and supporting external communications by preparing briefing notes and explanatory schedules
- Advise on technical accounting treatment of our decisions, including international business operations, acquisitions and disposals, including complex accounting areas, such as, impairments and derivative valuations
- Ensure Group compliance with relevant international accounting standards and support and communicate the development, setting and maintenance of IFRS financial accounting/reporting policies group wide, including creation of a Group Reporting Manual plus training of the wider Finance team
- Support the Financial Accounting team in Porto, in an advisory capacity, with the delivery of Group statutory accounts, including the subsidiary statutory accounts process
- Manage a range of financial change projects alongside other senior members of the Finance team and wider group stakeholders
WHO YOU ARE
- A Chartered Accountant, with experience from practice & Industry working on or in PCAOB and SEC registered businesses able to prove a understanding of SEC reporting requirements
- Technical expertise, with strong experience in IFRS financial reporting, UK GAAP, preparation and review of consolidated financial statements s
- Proven experience of leading and managing teams, displaying an authentic leadership style
- Comfort dealing with and resolving ambiguity and a willingness to work in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly-changing environment
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.