We are looking for a Senior BI Finance Analyst to join the team! This is an exciting role working across multiple teams and providing valuable insight across the business.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
As we become increasingly sophisticated in our financial reporting, planning and forecasting activities, we require accurate data processing and reporting from the numerous local and global corners of our business. Data sources range from transactional, operational, financial, foreign exchange, email, customer, browsing, marketing, promotional, stock, tax, customs and shipping. By building a concrete foundation of structured data underpinned with reliable processes, we continue to improve automated reporting and the production of insights to improve overall strategy. This allows us to tailor financial and business activities to grow Farfetch into the future. Whilst based in London, you will work directly with our Business Intelligence and Finance teams across the globe reporting into the BI Finance Manager. This is the ultimate role for the financially attuned Senior Business Intelligence Data Specialist who enjoys autonomous project management while manipulating vast amounts of interconnected data. Someone who enjoys the challenge of creating automated solutions for data collection, transfer, validation and insights analysis! Technical skills are necessary while financial and commerciality are a great advantage.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will design but also deliver excellent data products and processes that ensure advanced analysis and reporting for Finance and the wider business. This will involve working daily with the technical product owners, developers and analysts in BI, Platform, Marketing, Product, Infrastructure, Security, Operations and Pricing teams
- Conduct analysis and data ingestion as a team, through optimisation and automation of reporting and the integration of new data systems
- Gain in-depth understanding of commercial and operational goals and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources, processes and reporting
- Contact on Profitability Modelling for all teams in the business as you will become the connecting arm between technical BI data and Financial Reporting
- Ensure a high level of data integrity for core data sources and take over their consolidation into official Farfetch Indicators reported quarterly on investor websites & the NYSE
- Work with Data Engineering, Operations and Finance Tech teams to orchestrate the flow of compliant data and reporting figures
- Dismantle Gross Profit statements from a technical BI perspective, create a business glossary for it's logic, maintain Farfetch cohort LTV modelling and advise on improvements
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree (e.g. BSc, BSE) or higher in finance, computer science, IT, mathematics, information systems or any other quantitative field
- Enjoy the technical side of BI and is comfortable being hands-on in the detail
- Advanced T-SQL coder (master level) with experience pulling and cleansing data using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Google BiqQuery
- Git, Jira, Confluence and the Google Suite are advantageous & reporting tools
- Experience manipulating large interconnected data sets in a professional environment and the soft skills to search for knowledge owners within the business
- Working knowledge of financial statements / accounting (Indicators such as GTV|AOV) is desirable while online retail or ecomm experience is advantageous.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.