In the role as Senior Sustainable Business Executive, you will be an important part of the Sustainable Business team and work with senior leaders both in the team and throughout FARFETCH.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
COMMERCIAL & SUSTAINABILITY
We're partnering with the world's best brands, boutiques and department stores to provide our customers with a unique shopping experience and access to the most extensive selection of luxury on a single platform. We work with all areas of FARFETCH to achieve business success and to improve our social and environmental impact. We want to empower our consumers to think, act and choose positively while offering an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
You will help ensure we meet targets, report against these targets in a transparent, credible and engaging way and implement and uphold rigorous ethical and sustainable procurement processes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Reporting to the Sustainability Manager - Environment, you will focus on two important areas (reporting and governance and supplier standards and engagement):
- Sustainability Governance and Reporting:
- Lead the FARFETCH carbon footprinting process, working with multiple teams across the business and a third-party to create a yearly carbon footprint. Create engaging insights to share with teams across the business and drive action on climate change.
- Manage the delivery of FARFETCH's sustainability reporting, from data collection to design, ensuring it meets the needs of all key stakeholders from staff to investors.
- Mange all external reporting requirements e.g. to the UNFCCC, Fashion Pact and The CDP
- Complete a yearly gap analysis measuring sustainability performance and helping set team priorities
- Supplier standards and engagement:
- Update sustainability policies working with partners across the business
- Work with our procurement team to manage a sustainable procurement strategy
- Manage due diligence processes for suppliers across Farfetch's supply base
- Set up and manage processes to engage and support partners and suppliers to understand and reduce their social and environmental impact
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience working in a sustainability or ethical trade role in the fashion or tech industry
- Experience in carbon footprinting and external reporting
- Experience in or passion for sustainability or sustainable fashion
- Great at project management and working with multiple partners across an organisation
- Good at defining priorities and work plans
- Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Passionate about the ability of the business to promote positive change
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.