The Retail Field Support Engineers provide in-store and remote technology support for all devices including EPoS, desktops, servers, laptops and mobile devices, as well as exciting Store of the Future products such as Magic Mirrors.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We make sure that every one of our 4,000+ employees across our offices globally have an inspiring, comfortable and fun environment to work in every day. We provide daily support to our employees and work hard to make sure everyone’s life at Farfetch is as enjoyable and effective as it can be.
We like to keep things running smoothly across all of our teams and offices, from the small details to big transformational ideas.
Our talented team of IT Retail Support Engineers at Farfetch have an exciting role satisfying their passion for IT and Service Management in a fast-paced technology driven retail environment. If you are ready to use your talent, expertise, education and certifications to help power the global luxury fashion platform in our retail stores, we are ready to reward you and further develop your career in our IT Retail Support team.
The Retail Field Support Engineers provide in-store and remote technology support for all devices including EPoS, desktops, servers, laptops and mobile devices, as well as exciting Store of the Future products such as Magic Mirrors. In addition to retail store support, you will also be part of our global Corporate IT Service & Support team providing world class IT support to our end users and clients across the globe.
Please note the Retail Support Engineering Team runs a rotor to ensure support at peak trading periods including weekends and Bank Holidays and covering store opening hours typically 11am – 7pm
What you’ll do
- Maintain Farfetch and collaboration partner technologies at our retail locations in the UK and possibly abroad as required according to world class standards of Customer Service, Service Level Agreements, and Health and Safety requirements.
- Support is provided based upon the SLAs in place with our retail stores. These are monitored on a daily basis and reported back to the store businesses and their Senior Leaders at regular intervals.
- Provide technical IT support for our retail stores. This includes but not limited to onsite technical repairs, full device re-provisioning, repaired device delivery back to site, and ensure all the devices are enrolled and correctly provisioned
- Follow a set weekly schedule of site visits to proactively partner and support the retail stores technology use and technology asset management.
- Ensure all support tickets are logged, updated and resolved within the IT Service Management System Work closely with the Farfetch Platform, Store of the Future and other technology teams and business units to identify and assist in resolution of technical incidents and requests.
- Ensure all 3rd party support tickets and administration are tracked and completed for incidents, requests, problem management and asset tracking.
- Present a positive Farfetch and Corporate IT image.
- Undertake any other activity that is commensurate with the role, as requested by IT management
Who you are
- Plenty of enthusiasm, self-motivation and the desire to succeed within a busy progressive technology driven retail environment.
- Good communication and IT customer support skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as being able to solve problems independently
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a broad based IT background covering at least PC’s & Mac’s, mobile devices, networking, Video Conferencing, EPoS etc
- Have the ability to apply a positive flexible attitude with an eye for detail.
- Have a clear concise friendly manner, self-disciplined, work on own initiative but also have strong team-working skills, both in person and virtual.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy & flexibility.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.