Insurance Development Manager
Goodlord are looking for a Business Development Manager. This key role will support the Head of Insurance to consult, promote and monitor Insurance product conversion by our letting agent clients. You will ideally have a good understanding of the lettings cycle to help support our lettings agents maximise their growth through our product range.
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 800 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 180 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Real Living Wage employer by the living wage foundation
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re looking for an experienced and tenacious Insurance Development Manager interested in a high-impact role at a successful prop-tech startup to achieve this.
This role is home based but you will need to travel to our London HQ at least once a week (travel paid) for team meetings and relationship building with other Goodlordians!
Goodlord is a market leading software platform which streamlines the property lettings process for agents, landlords and tenants. The business’s Insurance division is a key driver of revenue growth, and we’re looking for somebody to help propel this growth even further.
This key role will support the Head of Insurance to consult, promote and monitor Insurance product conversion by our letting agent clients. You will ideally have a good understanding of the lettings cycle to help support our lettings agents maximise their growth through our product range.
Competitive base salary plus commission - OTE £50k
Please note that although this is a home based role you will be required to work from our London HQ approximately once a week (when it is safe to do so of course!)
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!).
But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Analysing current customers product use and looking for opportunities to support improvements in their overall proposition
- Following an FCA-compliant sales process
- Promoting the value of our products to new customers and working with the Head of Insurance to on board and train new Key clients
- Tracking and reporting on weekly progress
- Working with the wider Insurance sales team and our Success team to identify further opportunities and flag any risks
- Working in a healthy performance and process-driven environment. Your success will be measured against your sales performance, your customers’ satisfaction ratings and your ability to adhere to a rigorously-regulated process
- Work alongside the Head of Insurance to deliver round table meetings with groups of customers to help promote all areas of the business and consult on best industry practice
You should apply if:
- You would like the ability to work remotely, and the flexibility that brings
- You have proven success in telephone B2B up-sell and cross sell and can establish rapport and trust with people quickly and effectively over the phone and face-to-face
- You have commercial experience in the lettings industry
- You have excellent spoken and written English, with outstanding communication skills
- You're target-driven and motivated by building great business relationships
- You have a positive and resilient attitude, and can maintain it even under pressure
- You’re able to work autonomously and you're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong IT literacy: you will be expected to produce various reports and presentations
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- You’re energetic, creative, curious and confident
- You get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- what we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
And it would be super great if:
- you know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
- Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be…
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- £1000 to learn: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord, but it there’s something specific, you’ll have £1000 a year to spend on what’s important to you.
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off. We encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Quarterly team socials; a fun activity that everyone can take part in (if they want to!)
- Four legged Goodlordians: we have a few resident pooches at Goodlord HQ who are always up for a walk / play if you need a break from your day
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our one of our core values is Bringing our whole selves to work is really important to us here at Goodlord - if there's anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application.
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Goodlord's lettings software and services improve the renting process for agents, landlords and tenants alike.