Telephone Sales Consultant (Insurance)
Goodlord are looking for a Telephone Sales Consultant. This key role will support the Commercial and Product teams in ensuring that our insurance offerings are promoted to tenants over the phone. You will front a brand new product offering and will therefore be given the opportunity to build an exciting new revenue stream for the business. This is a fast-paced role with huge earning potential.
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 650 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans for 2020 but with Mr William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 100 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that for the time being we are a remote first business and therefore you will be working remotely, however this role will be primarily office based in the future.
About the Role
This key role will support the Commercial and Product teams in ensuring that our insurance offerings are promoted to tenants over the phone.
You will front a brand new product offering and will therefore be given the opportunity to build an exciting new revenue stream for the business.
This is a fast-paced role with huge earning potential.
Competitive base salary plus commission - OTE £40-50k - Uncapped
The day to day:
- Selling Goodlord tenants insurance products to new movers over the phone, though you’ll be making outbound calls and selling on the phone, this won’t be cold-calling: the tenants you’ll be reaching out to already have a relationship with Goodlord!
- Following an FCA-compliant sales process to quote and provide accurate product information, allowing the tenant to make an informed purchases
- Spearheading the provision of tenant-facing insurance products, while continuously developing processes to ensure you are as efficient as possible
- Tracking and reporting on daily progress to Head of Department
- Being part of a high performing and process-driven environment. Your success will be measured against your sales performance, your customers’ satisfaction ratings and your ability to adhere to a rigorously-regulated process
Please note that whilst we are a remote first business at the moment once it is safe to do so you will be required to work from our London HQ approximately once or twice a week.
You should apply if:
- You would like the ability to work remotely (although with average once a week in London HQ - travel costs covered), and the flexibility to set your own hours
- You have proven success in 360º B2C telephone sales (essential) ideally within Insurance OR you have Lettings industry experience and are looking for a change of scene.
- You can establish rapport and trust with people quickly and effectively, without being face-to-face
- You possess great organisation skills and time management to get the most out of each day
- You have excellent spoken and written English, with outstanding communication skills
- You’re target-driven and unashamedly motivated by dollar dollar bills
- You have a positive and resilient attitude, and can maintain it even when you're on the phone all day
- You have an ability to work autonomously and you’re comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- You have strong IT literacy: you will be expected to switch between various systems and
- tools with speed and accuracy
- You get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- You are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about executing them
And it would be super great if:
- You know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be…
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- £1000 to learn: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord, but it there’s something specific, you’ll have £1000 a year to spend on what’s important to you.
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off. We encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Quarterly team socials; a fun activity that everyone can take part in (if they want to!)
- Four legged Goodlordians: we have a few resident pooches at Goodlord HQ who are always up for a walk / play if you need a break from your day
Bringing our whole selves to work is really important to us here at Goodlord - if there's anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application.
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Goodlord's lettings software and services improve the renting process for agents, landlords and tenants alike.