3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
11:FS is on a mission to change the fabric of financial services. Our Consulting & Research practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Pulse team creates a benchmarking tool used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our Foundry team are delivering a Financial Services Operating System to help businesses quickly add financial services to their offering. On top of all of that, we’re a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. ‘Cultural Add’ is as, if not more, important as pure technical fit, and as part of your interview process we’ll deep dive in our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
As an exceptionally promising designer who is growing a good knowledge of UX, design thinking practices and has a great eye for UI design, this is an opportunity to take part in ideation sprints with exciting clients, crafting new propositions from concept to launch, as well as helping to develop a range of internal products and tools.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a few years start-up, agency, studio or in-house experience where you have...
- Taken part in the design process end-to-end, being a vocal advocate for design within the company
- Developed a good understanding and appreciation of UI patterns and where to use them across web and app
- Started to develop your UX practices to the level where you are able to make sense of discreet parts of a customer experience and map it across user flows, sketches and prototypes
- Helped to put things into the hands of customers quickly and often, working with team members to use customer feedback to iterate a product or idea
- Started to grow your understanding of what makes a brand that people love and can apply that to every interaction with consistency
- Understand not just how to structure a design file or a UI toolkit in Figma or Sketch, but are learning what makes a full design system, so these practices ensure a product can scale effectively with design and development completely aligned
- Taken part in design sprints where you’ve practised ideation methods to rapidly move from customer insight to concept (think Google ventures sprint or similar)
What will you be doing here?
- Taking new fintech propositions from ideation through to launch
- Practicing fast-paced, iterative design – drawing on your impressive design eye and intuition for simple UX patterns
- With design guidance, be relied upon to execute design within small teams of designers, thinkers, researchers and makers from all walks of life who are at the top of their game
- When you are not helping to design new products for clients, you will help to shape 11:FS’s own suite of products. Developing new products and resources to take to market that serve the Fintech design community
- Developing your own voice as a designer. With opportunities to contribute articles, appear on youtube shows or podcasts as you progress in your career, boosting your profile in the industry and helping to promote design at 11:FS
What will you not be doing here?
- You won’t be working on one thing for years on end
- You won’t be just working on the tiny details as a small cog in a big machine
- You won’t be waiting for permission before trying anything out – just go for it
What do we like?
- Flair - You aren’t afraid of a blank page and have the conceptual and visual ability to draw on the UI patterns you already know, but add something special that makes people say ‘damn, that’s slick’.
- Confident storytelling - You are learning to tell a good story around any piece of work – it doesn't just look good, but you can explain why it's been created that way, to anyone who needs to hear it. And hopefully make them laugh along the way.
- Problem solving - Any designer worth their salt can make a pretty UI, but we’re after exceptional thinkers who can make sense of the complicated and translate that into layouts that people instantly find familiar and usable, guiding the team to the right solution.
- Drive - We're not talking about motivation here, that should be a given. All of our people at all levels are free to own their work and think creatively. You need to care about the quality of the work you do and the impact it will have on the lives of the people you’re creating it for.
Do I need financial services experience?
- It's definitely a bonus, but no you don't need it. We are not a bank and the environment is similar to a startup or design agency
- If you arrive here really knowing your design onions, our research tool Pulse will give you access to every fintech UI you'd ever want to see to get you up to speed.
Who will you be working with?
- In the last 3 years we have built an amazing team from the best in start-ups, design studios, agencies and financial services. Our people have co-founded and grown challengers like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond.
- You will be a key member of the team, helping to lead the design tribe, working with people who've been creating the digital banks you now own a card from.
- Discretionary bonus
- Flexible working
- New Mac laptop
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. 11:FS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.