Do you want to see what ‘life-first’ really means?
Word Monster is the go-to writing agency that supports other healthcare agencies, companies, research organisations and charities. We’re an enormous fan of freedom in the workplace, and our culture allows highly talented individuals like yourself to deliver great work while prioritising the things that matter outside of it.
We're currently looking for a Senior Medical Writer to join our troop. Are you a lover of science, a stickler for grammar and a teller of great jokes? Do you think different, break the mould, go against the grain? Then this may be the role for you.
The job is full-time, permanent, flexible, remote working, for 37.5* hours/week.
- A life/physical sciences undergraduate degree (life/physical sciences PhD desired but not essential)
- 4+ years of healthcare/pharmaceutical writing experience in an agency environment
- Experience in at least one of the key medcomms areas (e.g. healthcare advertising, medical education, publications)
- Previously managed junior writers
- Advanced Word and PowerPoint skills
- Good knowledge of the strict regulations in pharmaceuticals, with experience working to ABPI and other codes of practice
- Strong dislike of the tube and/or traffic jams
- Open to receiving paid overtime
- Willing to put your own life first
- Proactive and meticulous
At Word Monster, there are only ever three things to remember:
- Write With Bite (so we do great work and continue to build our reputation)
- Write for 7.5 hours of project work every day, and no more [unless you’re particularly keen for paid overtime] (so we get paid)
- Keep our clients happy (so we continue to get paid)
Write With Bite means to make your words simple, interesting, unexpected, concrete, credible, emotional and tell a story – so that your words resonate and stick in the mind. Write With Bite is at the core of everything we do.
If you think you can Write With Bite, apply now. We may be Monsters, but we’re not that scary.
*We’ll also consider part-time hours.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Word Monster provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Word Monster is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Word Monster
Gender diversity (male:female)
Fully remote but based in the UK, USA & Australia
What employees are saying
"I've worked for remote companies before, but never have I worked for any organisation that truly offers flexible working to the extent that Word Monster does. For the first time in my entire career, I truly feel like I have work-life balance, and I am grateful for this each and every day."
Anonymous Word Monster Employee