Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads in London using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national, world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments. Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
What you’ll do
Wayve is looking for an experienced Vehicle Operations Lead to join our Operations Department and help implement and grow our on-road testing capability from our US office. You will be responsible for helping to design and implement our US on-road testing regime, from growing the team and developing US specific operational safety considerations, to managing day to day operations. In the short term, this will also include personally conducting limited on-road operations.
- Lead on-road testing development in the US, working as part of the wider Wayve Ops umbrella
- Create strategies (vehicle uptime and utilisation) to ensure that all US on-road testing objectives are met
- Work cross-function to help develop US on-road testing including, but not limited to, Partnerships, Commercial, Policy and Legal Teams
- Responsible for the development of US operations incident management, as part of the wider Major Incident Management Plan, in tandem with Ops Safety and Legal
- Help to develop/modify training and procedures for US on-road testing
- Ensure all Safety Operators are trained to the required standard and have the necessary knowledge of Wayve systems and procedures to succeed during on-road operations
- Conduct on-road testing on an ad-hoc basis, as the situation dictates. This will be more prevalent in the early stages of US Ops Team development and will include VIP demonstrations
- Work with the Ops Safety Manager to develop US specific Ops Safety considerations, policies and procedures
- Responsible for vehicle charging and maintenance
- Coordinate and manage remote testing campaign as required
What you will bring
- Prior experience in the AV industry, including as an Vehicle Safety Operator / Driver
- You remain calm and controlled in a pressured environment
- You take onboard feedback and learn from your mistakes
- You enjoy working with people, thriving in a team environment
- You know how to manage your wellbeing including fatigue, stress and have strategies to do this
- Proven experience as a team coordinator or similar role.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Full clean US driving licence
- At least 8 years' driving experience in the US
- No blameworthy insurance claims in the past three years
- Proficiency in Google Workspace or Microsoft Office suite
- Strong driving skills and knowledge and willingness to continue developing
- Available to work full-time on-site based out of our Mountain View office, 5 days a week.
- All applications are required to disclose any second job as part of the application process
- All applicants will be subject to a health check (before/after) the offer and should disclose any conditions that may affect their ability to safely operate a vehicle
- Employment is contingent upon passing pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol testing, in accordance with our Drugs & Alcohol policy. You will be tested during your onsite interview
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California