Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We are looking for an experienced engineer who’s lived at the forefront of vehicle platform development. We want you to help us drive the development of the next generation of autonomous vehicles. Within the Hardware group you will lead our testing team. This team owns test planning, test infrastructure, test execution, and results analysis and reporting. Your duties will involve resource planning, recruiting and management of the team and its responsibilities. You will also spearhead testing processes and standards development to help mature our testing capabilities.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Experience in bringing up and leading testing teams and full product testing programmes.
- Ability to set up facilities, processes and standards for testing and test management.
- Experience developing and executing design validation plans for vehicle programmes
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to represent a broad range of tradeoffs and decisions clearly to both working level teams and leadership.
- Comfortable working in an Agile program environment with aggressive milestones.
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in transportation product development.
- Experience using CANalizer and similar vehicle analysis/diagnostics tools
- Autonomous Vehicle or ADAS Experience
- Experience dealing with test tracks and test houses
- Experience with automotive certification programmes
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- Private onsite chef, in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California