Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact!
We’re looking for bold, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up, building our first cohort of engineers and you can be at the heart of this!
Data is key to our vision: our end-to-end machine learning approach is fundamentally data-driven. This makes this role an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of Wayve, with an opportunity to directly influence performance of self-driving algorithms.
We are looking for Software Engineers to help build the Wayve data platform which facilitates data ingestion, labelling, storage, curation and analysis of Wayve data.
Challenges you will own
The Data Platform team owns the data, infrastructure and tooling for the data we use to develop a learned driver.
You will be part of a growing group focussed on discovering the best data recipe for driving, exploring how far data can push autonomous driving performance.
You will be working across functions with machine learning research engineers, virtual world simulation engineers, robotics engineers and safety drivers to ingest, enrich and visualise thousands of hours of driving data.
You will have opportunities to develop new skills in data science, big data, analytics and data visualisation.
- Example projects:
- Quality control and validation of datasets e.g. can we remove examples of bad driving.
- Labelling, enrichment and augmentation of data at scale using thousands of GPUs simultaneously.
- Tooling for dataset visualisation and modification e.g. can we visualise lane markings and correct mistakes in our datasets.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Expertise working with 'big data', ETL on large data sets
- Experience in Python, or ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of software engineering practices - what makes code reusable and extensible
- Experience working closely with users, shaping data to fit their needs
- Some knowledge of working with concurrent, parallel and distributed computing
- Passion for infrastructure: building internal tooling and frameworks.
What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California