Who we are
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team, we're focusing on using less data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
Where you will have an impact
We’re looking for bold, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing AI company, building the largest ML training platform and you can be at the heart of this!
Are you excited by building highly distributed cloud based systems? We need to 100x our total training throughput by horizontal scaling on more GPUs. That said, tracing, profiling, monitoring and debugging are key capabilities we need to enable. You will work in small teams to write code, debug hard problems which impact real world applications and help us win the space-race of the 2020’s: Autonomous Driving.
We are looking for Software Engineers who are passionate about scaling up our training infrastructure which includes a massive data infrastructure for collecting exabytes of data from hundreds of on-road vehicles, a large scale ML training environment which helps shape our autonomous driving models, and debugging hard problems that occur in a production environment as we operate cars in London
What you will bring to Wayve
- Lives and breathes scale, reliability and production excellence.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (some of our codebase consists of: Python, C/C++, Golang, Rust)
- Experience with networking concepts, operating Linux/Unix systems with in depth practical knowledge, troubleshooting, production reliability, observability across systems and ensuring developer efficiency
- Familiar with ML training and inference workloads and their frameworks.
- Track record of promoting engineering and infrastructure best practices and delivering high quality projects and code.
- Passionate about working with large scale distributed systems in an environment that values teamwork with other technical engineers and researchers
- Knowledge of computing fundamentals - what makes code fast, secure and reliable
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross, but we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California
What employees are saying
"I have never worked at a company where I felt so supported in structuring my work day (working hours as well as working locations) in exactly the way which works best for me and maximizes my productivity. The more flexibility and trust I am given, the better I feel like my output is as it feels more like working because I genuinely want to work and produce good results instead of working because I have to. I also love how much Wayve cares about work-life balance, as it is a very crucial aspect of my job for me. For me, Wayve has created an amazing work environment which makes me feel encouraged and supported in really striving to do my best work while establishing healthy work life boundaries."
More roles at Wayve
- Principal Research Engineer
- Applied Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Director of Science
- Engineering Manager
- Senior GPU Performance Engineer
- Principal Research Engineer
- Principal Scientist
- Autonomous Vehicle Safety Operator
- Autonomous Vehicle Technician
- Principal Software Engineer, Robot Software
- Internal Communications Manager
- Field Engineer, Field Engineering
- Software Engineer, Safety
- Senior Software Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Software Engineer, Simulation at Scale
- Lead QA and Release Engineer, Simulation
- Director, Automotive Partnerships
- Global Supply Manager, Hardware
- Senior Software Systems Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
- Mechanical Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
- Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack