Who we are
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
Where you will have an impact
- Contribute to performance and reliability by keeping our and our partners’ fleets calibrated.
- Integrate an efficient calibration workflow into our commissioning processes for new platforms.
- Contribute to the roadmap for SLAM / odometry pipelines to support sensor calibration.
- Understand tools and methods across industry / academia and run projects from proof-of-concept to production when appropriate.
Challenges you will own
- Optimisation of time-to-calibrated after vehicle commissioning or hardware changes
- Robustness improvement to software and tools used in calibration workflow
- Interface with vehicle technicians / workshop to upskill & hand-off parts of vehicle calibration process
- Developing process / tools for calibration triage; find and localise problems quickly
What we are looking for
- Practical experience with calibration of robotics sensors in real-world applications
- Strong systems engineer
- Working with large-scale deployments
- Experience with triage and debugging of robotics systems without physical access
- Experience building calibration solutions
- Computer vision approaches (classical / learnt) for sensor calibration (feature detection, feature matching)
- Strong software skills (Python and C++)
- Experience building automated, and/or targetless camera calibration solutions
- Working closely with SLAM / VO for multi-modal sensor calibration
- Building large data pipelines with PySpark or equivalent
What we offer you
Competitive compensation with salary and equity
Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California