Who we are
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning. This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
Where you will have impact
- Build a world-class internal communications function from the ground up, and embed processes and channels that will leave a lasting impact.
- Enable teams to achieve our mission faster through a comprehensive and well-planned communication and engagement strategy, ensuring the right people have the right information to do their job effectively.
- Break down communication silos and develop ways to share information effectively from the ground up and the top down.
- Drive communication activity across all internal channels (emails, newsletters, all hands, internal wiki, slack, events), working with company leaders and the People team.
- Play a key role in ensuring Wayve remains a great workplace by executing timely and relevant communications that drive engagement with the company mission and strategy.
- Act as a Communications Advisor to CEO, company leaders and team leads in writing for an internal audience and improving the effectiveness of their communications.
What you will bring to Wayve
- Trusted writer for all internal communications needs: Excellent writing and communications skills. Enjoys drafting messages or talking points from senior executives for internal presentations in various formats. Can clearly and persuasively translate complex messages into clear, simple & engaging content. Copywriting, design and video examples in science, AI or tech for long-form editorials, presentations and social media to be requested.
- Highly organised and efficient self-starter: demonstrated evidence of success when working under pressure, with an ability to be organised, prioritise well and keep on top of multiple tasks without help. A reliable leader who enjoys working in a rapidly changing tech industry; maintains optimism and a can-do attitude to solve challenges at hand even when things change. Sharp attention to detail.
- Strategic and resilient: Understand long-term vision and goals but can be pragmatic, resourceful, agile and hands-on in delivering day-to-day activities while keeping sight of the bigger picture and strategy. Proven ability to establish communication processes and tools that have a lasting impact.
- Collaborative and insightful: Listens and partners with company leaders to pinpoint internal communications needs. From inception to completion, you help teams develop communication strategies tailored to audience needs while considering the most effective ways to get their messages across.
- Strong interpersonal skills: you can build relationships with people at any level or job function - including company leadership - and lead technical teams through influence. Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and have change management experience at rapidly growing companies.
- People- and tech-minded: you are excited by the opportunity to strengthen understanding and connections among our global & remote team, making sure the right people have the right information to do their jobs well. Are genuinely interested in AI, self-driving tech and deep tech. Have experience supporting executives or teams with an engineering, technology and/or innovation focus.
- Creative & curious: can generate creative ideas for content and innovative ways to communicate information within the company and motivate employees effectively. You are curious and show a strong desire to learn.
- High bar for quality delivery: you can react quickly and effectively to issues or challenges. Experience in writing on deadline for various audiences, editorial work, including planning, developing and distributing communications materials in multiple formats.
What we offer you
Competitive compensation, on-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, workplace nursery scheme and more!
Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
A position to shape the future of autonomous driving, and thus to tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
Help relocating/travelling to London, with visa sponsorship
Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California
What employees are saying
"I have never worked at a company where I felt so supported in structuring my work day (working hours as well as working locations) in exactly the way which works best for me and maximizes my productivity. The more flexibility and trust I am given, the better I feel like my output is as it feels more like working because I genuinely want to work and produce good results instead of working because I have to. I also love how much Wayve cares about work-life balance, as it is a very crucial aspect of my job for me. For me, Wayve has created an amazing work environment which makes me feel encouraged and supported in really striving to do my best work while establishing healthy work life boundaries."
More roles at Wayve
- Legal Counsel
- Principal Research Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Director of Science
- Engineering Manager
- Senior GPU Performance Engineer
- Principal Research Engineer
- Principal Scientist
- Autonomous Vehicle Safety Operator
- Autonomous Vehicle Technician
- Principal Software Engineer, Robot Software
- Field Engineer, Field Engineering
- Software Engineer, Safety
- Senior Software Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Platform Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Software Engineer, Simulation at Scale
- Lead QA and Release Engineer, Simulation
- Director, Automotive Partnerships
- Materials Program Manager
- Global Supply Manager, Hardware
- Senior Software Systems Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
- Mechanical Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
- Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack