Who we are
At Wayve, we are developing breakthrough AI to reimagine mobility. We are solving autonomous vehicles differently by pioneering end-to-end deep learning which allows cars to drive in complex, never-seen-before environments. Our AV 2.0 driving system can adapt to any driving domain, vehicle platform or mobility need, delivering on the promise of a scalable, affordable solution that will transform the way we move about the world.
Founded in 2017, Wayve is made up of a global team of experts in machine learning and robotics. Wayve has raised over $258M and is backed by Eclipse Ventures, Balderton Capital and prominent technology leaders such as Sir Richard Branson and Yann LeCun. The team is headquartered in London with their fleet of vehicles testing in cities across the UK. Wayve aims to be the first to deploy autonomy in 100 cities.
Where you will have an impact
We are looking for an experienced engineer who’s lived at the forefront of vehicle platform development. We want you to help us drive the engineering operations and upkeep of the next generation of autonomous vehicles. Within the Field Engineering Team, you will contribute to improve the reliability of the fleet by leading HW related investigations, including analysis, resolution and reporting. You will also contribute by setting up processes and standards for fault management in order to provide the team with the required tools as we scale the fleet.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in bringing up and leading full vehicle field maintenance programmes.
- Ability to set up facilities, processes and standards for fault management
- Experience ensuring that software, hardware, and a network of the systems work optimally and securely
- Experience with software for Linux-based systems, or willingness to learn
- Comfortable working in an Agile program environment with several stakeholders of different levels
- Demonstrable exposure to C++ and Python in industry or in field robotics
- Experience using CANalizer and similar vehicle analysis/diagnostics tools
- Autonomous Vehicle or ADAS Experience
- Experience with automotive road operations
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- Private onsite chef, in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California
What employees are saying
"I have never worked at a company where I felt so supported in structuring my work day (working hours as well as working locations) in exactly the way which works best for me and maximizes my productivity. The more flexibility and trust I am given, the better I feel like my output is as it feels more like working because I genuinely want to work and produce good results instead of working because I have to. I also love how much Wayve cares about work-life balance, as it is a very crucial aspect of my job for me. For me, Wayve has created an amazing work environment which makes me feel encouraged and supported in really striving to do my best work while establishing healthy work life boundaries."
More roles at Wayve
- Principal Research Engineer
- Principal Scientist
- Autonomous Vehicle Safety Operator
- Autonomous Vehicle Technician
- Principal Software Engineer, Robot Software
- Internal Communications Manager
- Software Engineer, Safety
- Senior Software Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Platform Engineer, ML platform
- Director of AV Operations