Who are we?
Our team is at the forefront of developing autonomous vehicles using cutting-edge technology such as deep learning, computer vision, and reinforcement learning. We are a fast-growing company with a multi-national, world-class research team working on building a better future for self-driving cars.
Our approach to building autonomous vehicles is unique, we don't believe in telling an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent, capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our goal is to be the first to deploy autonomous vehicles in 100 cities across the world, bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
Wayve is hiring a Chief of Staff to work directly with our CEO as we embark on the next phase of our company’s growth. In this pivotal role, you will work closely with the CEO to drive strategic initiatives, optimise operations, and facilitate communication across our organisation.
As an extension of the CEO, you will learn to represent them in company strategic decisions, translating strategy to execution and driving company objectives and OKRs. A unique role, you’ll need to embrace ambiguity and show great adaptability as you switch from executive support, operational analysis, on-the-fly logistics, research and execution.
From day one, you will be instrumental in solving various challenges typical of start-ups. This role requires someone who can think on their feet, highly responsive, and executes at pace while keeping a ‘steady hand’ on the controls.
You’ll gain an unparalleled insight into the workings of an ambitious, high-growth startup as we look to revolutionise the autonomous vehicle industry. Working from the top down, it’ll provide exposure to all aspects of the company.
Some of the areas you will responsible for:
- Working directly with the CEO to problem solve strategic decisions and initiatives, acting as both a sounding board and advisor to the magnitude of complex decisions a rapidly growing startup faces on a daily basis.
- Attending Leadership meetings, taking minutes and action points, and ensuring the delivery of agreed actions.
- Function as a bridge between the CEO and the different business units, fostering cross-functional collaboration.
- Support the planning, implementation, and monitoring of new commercial initiatives.
- Assist in strategic planning and operational tasks to help scale the business.
- Bring innovative solutions to a wide variety of business critical challenges, across commercial, finance, operations, internal communications and company growth.
- Ensure the CEO is well-prepared and fully briefed for internal and external meetings.
What you'll bring to Wayve
- Minimum 2+ years of operational experience, in a business operations, strategic or analytical role.
- Demonstrable executive presence, gained from experience working with and influencing Leadership teams.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, structured, and process-driven. Strong operational and project management skills.
- Strong execution skills, and a proven track record of succeeding in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, ensuring the highest quality in all deliverables.
- Proactive and able to handle rapid context switching on a day-to-day basis.
We understand that everyone has a unique set of skills and experiences and that you may not meet everything listed above. If you’re passionate about making a positive impact on the world and are motivated by bringing mobility to everyone, everywhere, we encourage you to apply.
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity.
- 25 days annual leave and bank holidays
- Enhanced parental leave (eligibility criteria apply)
- Workplace nursery scheme
- Opt-in private health insurance
- On-site chef
- Dog-friendly office
- Access to mental health platform/therapy
- The opportunity to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California