Ready to be a part of the future of autonomous vehicles?
At Wayve, our vision re-thinks the conventional approach to autonomous vehicles (AVs). Based in London, our team are award-winning and world-leading thinkers in the fields of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Our mission is to leverage our ground-breaking approach to AVs and bring the world safe and trustworthy autonomous mobility.
What we’re looking for
Our Autonomy Operations team is growing, and we’re looking for a resourceful, adaptable and motivated Autonomous Vehicle Technician to join our team and assist in converting, upgrading and maintaining our fleet of Level 4+ AVs.
- Maintaining our fleet of autonomous vehicles to a high standard to ensure their reliability.
- Installation and testing of our computer system, sensors and vehicle controls package
- Reacting to faults with our fleet and implementing repairs in a timely manner
- Recording and reporting of faults found and the resolution to those issues
- Working with the drivers of our fleet to ensure faults they experience or concerns they have are addressed
- Fabrication and painting of prototype parts, such as brackets, enclosures, and other mounting hardware
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the workshop, including stock takes and health and safety management
- Conducting scheduled maintenance of the fleet such as wheel alignment and MOT standard inspections
- Ensuring the fleet is kept in a presentable condition for use in high profile demonstrations to investors and media.
- At Least 2 years working in a fast-paced workshop environment ideally from an OEM retailer
- NVQ level 2/3 in a relevant are of vehicle maintenance and repair
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings and diagnose faults
- Familiar with repairing vehicles from an OEM’s repair manual, covering component and bodywork repairs
- Experienced in reading and interpreting faults from diagnostic codes and manufacturers’ test equipment
- Experienced in using general machine shop tools for fabrication (preferred but not essential)
- Safe working ethic and familiarity with Risk assessments, Safe Systems of Work and COSHH
- Strong customer facing communication skills to help with fault diagnosis
- Computer literate and able to use programmes such as word and excel for tracking work done on vehicles
- Enthusiastic all rounder happy to help in any area of the business and learn
Nice to haves
- Experienced in fabricating wiring harnesses from spreadsheets/schematics to aviation/rail/motorsport wiring standards
- Good knowledge of current automotive technology, ADAS and onboard vehicle networks
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Relocation support
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous vehicles while being part of a team that will value your effort and contribution.
Wayve is built on people and their differences give us strength. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it and are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace that encourages people from all walks of life to join us on our journey.
To further explore Wayve, please visit our website: https://wayve.ai/
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California