Who we are
Our team is at the forefront of developing autonomous vehicles using cutting-edge technology such as deep learning, computer vision, and reinforcement learning. We are a fast-growing company with a multi-national, world-class research team working on building a better future for self-driving cars.
Our approach to building autonomous vehicles is unique, we don't believe in telling an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent, capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our goal is to be the first to deploy autonomous vehicles in 100 cities across the world, bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
Where you will have an impact
We’re looking for experienced and motivated individuals to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles.
As an AVSO, you will:
- Be a part of our world-class, diverse operations team to test our autonomous vehicles all over London
- Monitor our autonomous driving system and respond to all hazards to guarantee safe testing at all times
- Evaluate our autonomous driving system during tests, and provide expert feedback to our research teams and engineers
- Provide real-world driving examples to train our autonomous driving system before you test on public roads
- Support our safety and engineer teams by maintaining our high safety standards, and reporting safety and vehicle issues
What you will bring
- Full clean UK driving licence
- At least 8 years' driving experience in the UK
- Confident driving both cars and vans
- No blameworthy insurance claims in the past three years
- Proficiency in Google Workspace or Microsoft Office suite
- Strong driving skills and willingness to keep skills current
- Ability to remain calm and controlled in a pressurised environment
- Willingness to receive and apply constructive feedback
- Ability to work cohesively with others to foster a high performing, supportive, inclusive team
- Ability to have open, honest and considerate interactions and communications with others
- Ability to recognise personal limitations and implement strategies to manage fatigue or stress
- Available to work full-time on-site based out of our Kings Cross office, 5 days a week.
- All applications are required to disclose any second job as part of the application process
- All applicants will be subject to a health check (before/after) the offer and should disclose any conditions that may affect their ability to safely operate a vehicle
- Employment is contingent upon passing pre-employment and ongoing drug and alcohol testing, in accordance with our Drugs & Alcohol policy. You will be tested during your onsite interview
We understand that everyone has a unique set of skills and experiences and that you may not meet everything listed above. If you’re passionate about making a positive impact on the world and are motivated by bringing mobility to everyone, everywhere, we encourage you to apply.
What we offer you
Intensive training courses that develop your high driving skills
Recognised qualification to drive alternatively fuelled vehicles up to 4.25 tonnes
Emergency First Aid training
Advanced driving skills and hazard awareness training
25 days annual leave and bank holidays
Enhanced parental leave (eligibility criteria apply)
Workplace nursery scheme
Access to mental health platform/therapy
Competitive salary and benefits
Opt-in private health insurance
Train ticket loan (eligibility criteria apply)
The opportunity to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
At Wayve, we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We welcome applicants of all genders, races, sexual orientations and backgrounds.
DISCLAIMER: We will not ask about marriage or pregnancy, or care responsibilities in our job advert or interviews. However, we do look to capture information about care responsibilities, and disabilities among other diversity information as part of an optional DEI Monitoring form to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring process and ensure that the process is inclusive and non-discriminatory.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California