- Are you passionate about cars and love driving?
- Do you care about road safety?
- Are you interested in technology and developing new skills?
- Do you want to help shape vehicle mobility for future generations?
Then we'd love to hear from you!
Who we are
We're unique: we're the first team in the world to bring together artificial intelligence and some basic computer vision to provide autonomous vehicles for everyone, everywhere. We do this by training our artificial intelligence with thousands of hours of real-life driving examples, and then safely test them on roads across the UK; and we've achieved several incredible world-firsts over the last 3 years!
Where you'll have an impact
- Be a part of our world-class, diverse operations team to test our autonomous vehicles all over the UK
- Monitor our artificial intelligence and respond to all hazards to guarantee safe testing at all times
- Evaluate our artificial intelligence during tests, and provide expert feedback to our research teams and engineers
- Provide real-world driving examples to train our artificial intelligence before you test on public roads
- Support our safety and engineer teams by maintaining our high safety standards, and reporting safety and vehicle issues
What you'll bring to Wayve
- Full clean UK driving licence
- At least 8 years' driving experience in the UK
- Strong communication skills and a clear ability to empathise with others
- Happy to work alone and equally happy working within a team
- Adaptable, flexible and passionate about solving problems with innovative solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, or equivalent
- You have an advanced driving background (ADI, Emergency Response Advanced Driver, or similar driving qualifications)
- You have extensive knowledge of London, and the Home Counties
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross.
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it. (edited)
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California
What employees are saying
"I have never worked at a company where I felt so supported in structuring my work day (working hours as well as working locations) in exactly the way which works best for me and maximizes my productivity. The more flexibility and trust I am given, the better I feel like my output is as it feels more like working because I genuinely want to work and produce good results instead of working because I have to. I also love how much Wayve cares about work-life balance, as it is a very crucial aspect of my job for me. For me, Wayve has created an amazing work environment which makes me feel encouraged and supported in really striving to do my best work while establishing healthy work life boundaries."
More roles at Wayve
- Principal Research Engineer
- Principal Scientist
- Autonomous Vehicle Technician
- Principal Software Engineer, Robot Software
- Internal Communications Manager
- Field Engineer, Field Engineering
- Software Engineer, Safety
- Senior Software Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Platform Engineer, ML platform
- Director of AV Operations