Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national, world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars, bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
Wayve is looking for an experienced business development professional to join our Automotive Partnerships Team, forging innovative first-of-kind collaborations with global automakers and tier one suppliers. You will have substantial independent responsibility for the development and management of strategic partnerships that will define the future of the business.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
Given the small size of the team, you will be expected to manage your own partnerships with minimal supervision. We are looking for a conscientious self-starter who is used to managing competing objectives with defined deadlines and comfortably interfacing with C-Level leaders at public companies.
- At least five years' experience in business and technical roles in the automotive industry (OEM or tier one or two suppliers)
- Experience working on production vehicle programs
- Quick study with the ability to become conversant in new technical disciplines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to explain complex matters in clear, accessible language
- Comfortable managing through ambiguity and making decisions with imperfect information
- Strategic thinker with strong commercial/business acumen and judgment
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to collaborate with colleagues across teams, time zones, and business cultures
- Education: BS or MS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar experience
- Deep understanding of emerging Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning systems
Note the company is based in London, with offices in Mountain View, California. But given the nature of the automotive industry, we’re open to remote work from most locations in the US, UK, and Europe.
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of emerging technology and shape the future of transportation. If you have a passion for technology and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- Private onsite chef, in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California