A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
Are you excited about cloud technology and its potential to transform businesses? Do you have a strong technical background and a desire to learn new skills? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our Technology Solutions team at Waterstons, where you will work alongside a talented group of Architects and Engineers to deliver solutions for our clients.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining solutions that meet the needs and objectives of our clients. As a member of our growing team, you will have the opportunity to work with different technologies, both modern and traditional, and with clients from various sectors and sizes. You will also be expected to travel to our London office for about two days per week to support and guide your local colleagues.
Day to day responsibilities
- Creating proposals and presenting them to clients
- Cloud services implementation in M365, Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Migrating from on-premises environments to M365, Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Troubleshooting and supporting environments for our existing customers
- Exploring and developing new technologies to enhance our offerings
- Providing line management to local staff
- Participating in client meetings and pre-sales activities
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies
- Proven experience in migrating to M365 (e.g Exchange Online), Azure, or AWS
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate your own projects
- Advanced level Qualifications (at least one of the following)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- AWS Solutions Architect
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Rest days
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney