A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the Role
As a SOC Analyst within our Cyber Division, you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
Our SOC service is one of the latest service innovations presenting the opportunity for those with entrepreneurial flare to mark their mark on this evolving offering. We are aiming to build a team of the best and brightest talent to ensure our clients infrastructure and reputation is safe guarded against the ever-evolving cyber threat landscape.
This role will be in a varied environment and include you sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues.
Day to day responsibilities
The role will involve looking after Security Operations for a range of clients and sectors and responding to any active threats. Some of the daily responsibilities include responding to alerts generated by:
- Malware Detection Platforms (e.g. AV, EDR, XDR)
- Cloud Platforms (e.g. Office 365, GSuite, Azure)
- Web Filtering systems
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Acute attention to detail
- Resilient and results oriented
- An analytical thinker and keen to keep learning and developing new skills and use your initiative to solve problems
- Personable, customer focused and have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues
- A passion for security and technology to be used to identify and solve problems at our clients to improve their security posture
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, as you’ll be remediating major Security incidents and will be expected to lead the response
- Relevant experience
Nice to have
- A degree in Cyber Security or a related subject
- Great organisation, timekeeping, and prioritisation skills.
- Experience in supporting, coaching and mentoring your colleagues
The Waterstons Perks
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney
What employees are saying
The flexibility and autonomy at Waterstons is an absolute joy. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. We have the context we need to make the best possible decisions for our customers.