A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Service Desk Engineer to join our expanding global Remote Services team supporting our diverse range of clients with their IT solutions. The future engineer MUST have a love for technology and a desire to join a fast-paced, collaborative environment focussed on continual improvement.
Whilst you will be working in a 24x7 team, this role will be in our core hours: Mon-Fri 8.5-hour shifts between 7am – 6pm. We offer hybrid working giving you flexibility in your place of work, but we do strongly encourage regular office attendance where possible.
We're passionate about developing our people. If you wish to gain certifications and accreditations or develop your personal skills, we are here to support you. We offer R&D days to allow you to work towards your chosen certification. You’ll also work with the latest technology ensuring your skills are always up-to-date.
Day to day responsibilities
- At least 3-5 years of experience within the IT industry.
- Be technical escalation for the rest of the team.
- Adhere to ITIL service management principles.
- Provide technical support to colleagues and customers, acting as escalation point for any issues highlighted from other swarms.
- Ensure timely resolution and regular communication to customers throughout ownership of tickets.
- Design, implement, test and document new processes.
- Assist other teams within the business as required.
- Support colleagues by way of coaching and knowledge transfer
Requirements for the role
For this role, an understanding of a range of IT services is required. Experience in a selection of core technologies is desirable, below is a sample of the technologies we deal with:
- Infrastructure: Cisco, HP& Dell Switches/ Cisco ASA / VMware / Veeam / Hyper-V / NAS / SAN Storage
- Telephony: Skype for Business / Microsoft Teams / Mitel
- Servers: Windows Servers / Active Directory (Group Policy/Login Scripts) / Exchange / SCCM / PowerShell
- Desktops: Windows / MacOS
- Cloud: Microsoft 365 Administration/ Exchange online / Azure / AWS / Intune
- Competencies: Knowledge of ITIL / Priorities work / Managing major incidents / troubleshooting skills / knowledge of change process
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Rest days
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney