A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
Our primary objective is to enhance and mature our clients' IT environments by providing transparent risk assessments and proactive assistance. You’ll be involved in supporting our clients’ IT, this could be from our Durham, Glasgow or London office, working directly onsite with our clients or quite often a mixture of both.
You will also play a critical role in projects aimed at improving IT processes, systems and operations that are aligned with the overall goals and objectives of the client. This role will work to solve client’s technical problems as well as building relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor.
Day to day responsibilities
- Using a customer-focused approach to understand the needs of clients, including being responsive to staff needs via meetings, emails or face-to-face and providing excellent customer service.
- Identifying and solving problems in clients’ businesses and IT systems using strong analytical skills and the ability to think creatively to find solutions, either individually or with a team.
- Managing and overseeing the IT infrastructure and line of business solutions for a client and ensuring that it runs smoothly while understanding how these systems directly impact the day-to-day productivity of the client's business.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- 3 plus years of experience in an IT management or infrastructure delivery role.
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing service management frameworks such as ITIL and a good understanding of where and how to apply these
- Experience working in an IT operations or similar role
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate programmes of work
- A good and demonstrable understanding of the full stack of Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory, Exchange, Teams, System Center) and general Windows Server technologies is required.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Rest days
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney