A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the Role
As a client facing Project Manager you will be an integral part of an ambitious team that manages the delivery of a wide variety of IT lead business change projects for clients in a range of industry sectors.
Our projects managers can be called upon to do a range of activities depending on the opportunities we receive, your specific skills and your willingness to try something new. Here are some examples of our recent assignments: -
- Manage a team of Waterstons consultants to deliver technical, consulting or cyber assignments.
- Manage the technical separation and integration of a company as part of a new acquisition or de-merger.
- Act as in-house project manager for a client to implement a new business system.
- Carry out a health check or recover a failing project.
This role will be Remote / Flexible on location. There will be essential travel to our London, Glasgow or Durham offices as well as client sites when needed.
Day to day responsibilities
As well as the normal requirements of project managers the world over, we are looking for someone who will contribute to our wider business.
- Lead business development activities such as the creation of proposals and responses to tenders for opportunities with existing clients and new prospects.
- Act as a trusted advisor to our clients to benefit the project and future engagements
- Engage and support the development of our project management service offering.
- Proactively develop knowledge of programme and project management skills and frameworks as well as increasing understanding of technology.
- Participate in networking and support the business development efforts to needed to attract new clients.
- Line management and coaching responsibilities of more junior team members.
Some of the skills we are looking for
As a Waterstons Project Manager you will build relationships with prospective and active clients and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business objectives through the pragmatic use of technology. We are therefore looking for self-starters that have the ability to demonstrate the following transferable skills in their profiles:
- Highly Organised
- Adaptable and able to apply PM skills to a variety of project types
- Attention to detail but still able to see the big picture (Strategic & Tactical)
- Ability to communicate & challenge at all levels of an organisation
- Able to make decisions and guide a client though complexities
- Able to lead and inspire a team
As we can be called on to deliver a wide range of projects the experience of one or more of the following would be an advantage:
- Business Systems implementation
- IT / Consultancy / Professional Services
- Project Management Certifications- Prince2 / Scrum / PMP/APM
- Merger and acquisition activities
The Waterstons Perks
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney
What employees are saying
The flexibility and autonomy at Waterstons is an absolute joy. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. We have the context we need to make the best possible decisions for our customers.