A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ ’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are ourt greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
A technical security expert with the ability to conduct penetration tests and the appetite to deliver a wide spectrum of interesting security related work seeking a new challenge to join our growing Cyber team to help shape the company’s security and compliance services nationwide for a leading IT and business consultancy, supporting national and international clients.
Day to day responsibilities
- Leading and delivering penetration testing engagements with clients
- Being able to effectively translate technical language to non-technical language
- Being able to write high quality reports and deliver output presentations
- Being available to travel to client sites at least 2 days per month
- Improving areas of work, such as methodologies, tools and processes used by the team
- Helping upskill junior members and the wider cyber team
- Listening and liaising with clients to understand their requirements to contribute to scoping of new business
- Ability to continue professional development (supported by the business)
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements concurrently
Some of the skills we are looking for
- A minimum of 2 years+ in a similar role delivering penetration testing services
- Knowledge of the security methodologies and frameworks such as OWASP, MITRE Attack, Cyber Essentials plus, CHECK etc
- Understanding of networking and security architectures
- Linux and Windows command line tools and techniques
- Vulnerability management using tools such as Nessus, tenable.io, Qualys, nmap
- Exposure to scripting languages such as Python
- Extensive kali linux tooling experience such as Metasploit, nmap, bloodhound, eyewitness burp, NIKTO etc.
- Qualifications such as: Crest CRT, CHECK Team Member (CTM) or CSTL, OSCP, CSTL etc.
The Waterstons Perks
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clientsclients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for. All employment decisions will be made without regard to age, race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney
What employees are saying
The flexibility and autonomy at Waterstons is an absolute joy. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. We have the context we need to make the best possible decisions for our customers.