A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Infrastructure & Network Engineer to join our expanding global Remote Services team supporting our clients and their IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. The role mainly resolves around monitoring and maintaining our client’s physical and virtual networks and infrastructure, responding to alerts from various environments with differing technology implementations.
We work with a wide variety of national and international clients, providing custom support services and technical escalation routes. You’ll be the first point of contact for dealing with alerts and incidents generated from our unified monitoring platform; owning, managing, and solving technical issues and queries as well as acting as an escalation point for our Service Desk engineers.
Whilst you will be joining a team that operates a 24x7 service, our UK teams are only shifted between the hours of 0700-2300 as our Australian team handle operations between the hours of 2300-0700. We offer hybrid working giving you flexibility in your place of work, but we do strongly encourage regular office attendance where possible.
Day to day responsibilities
- Taking ownership of issues detected from our unified monitoring platform as well as reacting to incidents as they arise.
- Proactively and reactively fixing and resolving issues across a variety of technologies.
- Ensuring the customer is communicated with and that these issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with third parties and internal client IT teams in order to resolve their Infrastructure and Network issues.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to improve our solutions and customers businesses to add value through the use of technology by spotting trends and patterns noticed through the monitoring of Client Infrastructure.
- Working within a larger team to provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, with potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
- Recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- At least 1-3 years of experience within the IT industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment such as an MSP or similar and have the ability to content switch.
- Some experience with Windows Server management and troubleshooting (2012 and above) including key roles such as AD, DNS, DHCP, DFS.
- An understanding or some experience of networking LAN/WAN technologies including Cisco, Aruba, and Meraki.
- An understanding or some experience of Virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Hyper-V
- An understanding or some experience of Cloud infrastructure and platforms such as Azure or AWS
- An understanding or some experience of SAN and Storage technologies
- Ability to collaborate and work in a growing team with a desire to develop your skills and share experience with the wider team.
- Keen attention to detail with a solid analytical approach to problems and offering solutions.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously to work and manage their own workload.
- Industry recognised qualifications/accreditations relating to the job role.
Nice to have:
- At least 2 years of experience within an infrastructure or networking focused discipline.
- Experience in administering certificates and renewals.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Rest days
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney