A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
You have the power to transform a reactive, chaotic IT service into an empowering solution that adds genuine value to our clients' businesses and their IT infrastructure. Our primary objective is to enhance and mature our clients' IT environments by providing transparent risk assessments and proactive assistance. We work with a wide variety of clients, providing bespoke support services and technical escalation routes. You’ll be involved in supporting our clients’ IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis, this could be from our London office, working directly onsite with our clients or quite often a mixture of both.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with major vendors of technology like Microsoft, VMware, AWS, or Cisco.
You will also play a critical role in the understanding of business needs while providing creative solutions which a combination of technical expertise, and problem-solving skills which align with the overall goals and objectives of the client.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing the IT infrastructure: This may include maintaining servers, storage devices, networking equipment, and other hardware.
- Systems Administration: ou will be responsible for installing, configuring, and managing operating systems, middleware, and applications across the infrastructure.
- Ensuring security: This includes developing and implementing security policies following best practices, monitoring system activity, and responding to security incidents.
- Maintaining software and applications: You oversee the installation, maintenance, and upgrading of software and applications used by the client.
Some of the skills we are looking for
Experience working in an ITIL aligned service desk environment as a 2nd / 3rd line and understanding service level agreement
Ability to advise, support and implement various technology solutions such as Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server, SQL, Office 365, SharePoint, and SCCM along with virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V and even cloud Infrastructure such as Azure or AWS
Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to understand, interpret and present technical and non-technical information to stakeholders
Experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships with client stakeholders with the ability to challenge and influence where required
Technical knowledge: An Infrastructure Engineer should have a deep understanding of the technical aspects of their client’s IT systems and infrastructure. This includes knowledge of networking, hardware, software, and security.
Problem Solving Skills
If you would like to find out more about us, we are hosting a recruitment evening on 1st November 2023 from 5 onwards. Please sign up using the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/739981664077?aff=oddtdtcreator
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Rest days
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We’re looking for someone with 1-3 years’ experience in an IT support or project delivery role. You’ll have good interpersonal skills and enjoy solving client’s technical problems.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney